• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC RW 27752 A2

art of a2

I'll see if its possible to make the Saturday for FL2011. Certainly hope too. I'd like to meet up with you and some of the other guys seeing as last year was a bit disjointed for me. any more 'definates' to 'start the ball rolling'..Cliff?

269sqnhudson

Oh no I'm really starting to like these new Eastmans! :twisted:
I think the 'leaky' leather sample I was sent was a dodgy one-off. I'm not seeing any colour loss on this jacket at all and certainly not the total loss of pigment my sample had

hmmm where's that phone number again? I thinks I may get a Star :D

Marv

the jacket has had a couple of hot water misting sessions with no loss or leakage of pigment, however I haven't built up the courage to dunk it in a HW bath yet but I do have a sample of the leather that was sent to me a few months back so I will bath the sample first to see if any colour comes out before trying on the jacket.

the finish on the leather is quite shiny out of the box so was thinking that this should reduce through wear but if not then a bath it is as I did the same with my PH A2 and that dulled the leather down a treat so hoping for the same with this one.

pending sample testing first though :)

Marv

269sqnhudson said:
Marv said:

Oh if you could do that I'd be very grateful! My sample must have been a bit dodgy, I hope so!

I will let you know the outcome and post some before and after pics of the sample when I get a chance to do it.

Marv

One photo I forgot to include, after the relaunch of ELC's Monarch which have the correct indented ball studs for the pocket flaps this has now been included on the new RW 27752 and I suspect for all new relaunches.

Just also noticed that ELC have updated their pics on there website to show this, must have been a recent thing as it pictured the old studs last time I looked.

Anyway, here's the photo......

39c33597.jpg

Marv

Well I gave the sample of ELC's new HH the hot water treatment and well, wasn't that pleased with the results......

I put the sample in hot water for about 5 mins and no pigment came off in the water so at first all was looking pretty good, however after removing the HH and scrunching it up a bit all still looked good but when I started scratching at it with my nail the pigment started to come off.

When the hh dried out I could not scratch anymore of the pigment off as it seemed to set itself again once dry so miixed ressults so don't think I will by giving my RW 27752 a hot water bath and continue with just the hw misting sessions.

The pictures are in order of the above process.......

1e99d537.jpg

6ea9c68d.jpg

2960493e.jpg

36473f61.jpg

64b54529.jpg

1f3e99d3.jpg

d4bffd04.jpg

08e62d07.jpg

57783b3a.jpg

So all in all don't really know how to rate the new hh but the jacket looks and feels great, robust and comfortable.

Persimmon

269sqnhudson said:
Marv said:

Oh if you could do that I'd be very grateful! My sample must have been a bit dodgy, I hope so!

Maybe not that dodgy after all !!

You is going to risk the water treatment on their leather jacket first ??

Marv

Just to add, the sample of the new horsehide from ELC was sent to me back in September 2010 and I purchased the jacket in March 2011 so don't know whether they had made any changes to the horsehide since sending the sample to me.

The sample wasn't as shiny as the horsehide used on my jacket so not sure whether something has been added to tanning/pigment processing of the leather to stop the above happening when wet as I haven't had any of the above happen to my jacket and I have throughly soaked it twice now with hot water misting sessions then worn the jacket until dry with no problems, so who knows.....

269sqnhudson

Marv said:
Just to add, the sample of the new horsehide from ELC was sent to me back in September 2010 and I purchased the jacket in March 2011 so don't know whether they had made any changes to the horsehide since sending the sample to me.

The sample wasn't as shiny as the horsehide used on my jacket so not sure whether something has been added to tanning/pigment processing of the leather to stop the above happening when wet as I haven't had any of the above happen to my jacket and I have throughly soaked it twice now with hot water misting sessions then worn the jacket until dry with no problems, so who knows.....

Curious. What I was worried about was wearing it wet and all the colour coming off as per the samples but for some reason your jacket is a bit hardier.