• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 're-launch' Roadstar bike jacket....nice!

havocpaul

John Lever said:
Paul, that jacket looks amazing, I love the leather, but the price ??
£700 ????

I agree expensive but about par with similar from Lewis Leathers and alot less than Jap repro biker jackets from likes of Toys McCoy. I hope Gary brings one to Duxford this weekend as I'd love to try one on!

Happy Hooligan

tcwu said:
can not believe this ....ELC changed the hide and ziper also change their price.
It used to be the same price like their regular A-2!
Japan MASH still have the original Roadstar pictures.

If you want one you better tell Gary you don't want your belt loop on the D pocket!
It should not on the D pocket right?

or at least have a belt that goes with it... it's not a pair of pants

Vcruiser

tcwu said:
can not believe this ....ELC changed the hide and ziper also change their price.
It used to be the same price like their regular A-2!
Japan MASH still have the original Roadstar pictures.

If you want one you better tell Gary you don't want your belt loop on the D pocket!
It should not on the D pocket right?

Yeah..I noticed that the belt loop was attached to the bottom of the D-pocket on the new ELC pic. Surely it isn't supposed to be that way....
Van

A

Anonymous

John Lever said:
Paul, that jacket looks amazing, I love the leather, but the price ??
£700 ????

Bearing in mind that it is a much simpler jacket to make I would say the price isn't that unreasonable ...... Lewis Leathers seem to be doing o.k.

I bet it'll sell like hotcakes overseas.

Dave

havocpaul

I agree Dave, it will sell especially in Japan. I would have preferred a better label design (I know, I'm picky!) and the epaulettes look a bit flimsy (single piece of leather) but the hide especially is excellent and the combination of Kwik zip types is nice too. I am still determined to visit Lewis Leathers and measure up for a Battle of Britain film 'Luftwaffe' jacket, always fancied one of those. At present am rather immobile due to my leg problems so haven't managed to get up London.

Falcon_52

The styling and construction are very nice (aside from the belt-loop snap placement) but I have to say that the leather looks too thin to really be a dedicated motorcycle jacket. Maybe it's just the way the pictures look - they are deceiving sometimes.

Noel

Rufus

I had a youth size buco as a young teen, and it had the loop on the D pocket like the Eastman model.. (It also had a little fake half belt..a nice feature)

Might he have scaled a pattern from the youth model one (So in keeping with a slimmer cut for the Japanese market)?

Vcruiser

tcwu said:
bseal said:
Belt loop contacting the D pocket looks accurate:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Buco-horseh ... 53e12fb408

That one is size 38.
If the D pocket is same size all for sizes jacket then it's possible for small size jackets the loop will on the pocket!

tcwu
I think you are probably right. Kinda surprised me since I've had three J-22s over the years. All were size 42,tho...and the beltloop snap was directly beneath the D-pocket.
Van

John Lever

tcwu said:
John Lever said:
Gary tells me that the position of the belt loop is only on the pocket on smaller sizes.

That's what he told me last time I order my "regular" Roadstar!
(actually he let me do the red thread)
40 is medium size! :lol: :lol: :lol:
He probably to rush to put it on the web.

I wouldn't agree that 40 is medium, I would say it's a small size.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
I wouldn't agree that 40 is medium, I would say it's a small size.

Hey !! That's my size. ;)

40 is a Medium, so is 38 in old sizing .... 36 is Small.

SuinBruin

Yeah, I'm 6'1", 184 lbs. or so, and I wear a 40 long. 40 definitely ain't small. I typically take a medium or occasionally large in standard sizes. (Length is frequently an issue, though... sometimes it's hard being a 40L. :( )