• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC M422a - questions

Marv

I am considering purchasing an ELC M422a (I already own an ELC G1 whic is a great quality jacket) probably pick on up at the ELC tent at Flying Legends this year, so I can try it on before I buy as there may be sizing issues between the two repros.

Just wondering if any of you chaps currently own a M422a and also G1 and if so how do there compare with each other.

I know that ELC based their G1 on a LW Foster and their M422a on a Gordon & Ferguson but how accurate in terms of cut, pattern and mouton colour/quality are ELCs repros.

Any photos and info would be greatly appreciated............ :)

Marv

tcwu said:
You can have G&F label on ELC M422a!
Call them you can have one!
I got my ELC M422a with G7F label couple years ago!

Really, I didn't know they even had repro G&F labels let alone stitching one into their M422a repros on your request (probably for an extra charge I guess ?).

airfrogusmc

I had a G&F Eastman and the one I had the back was cut wrong wide like a G-1 and the gap at the top shoulder bi swing seam was way to wide (an inch or so) as compared to most originals and the mouton was not the greatest.

Roughwear

For the price of an Eastman M422A you can buy a decent wearable original, or for far less money buy a BK repro.

Marv

Roughwear said:
For the price of an Eastman M422A you can buy a decent wearable original, or for far less money buy a BK repro.

I know what you are saying Andrew but I would need at least a wartime size 48" and it would have to be in pretty decent condition as it would be a wearer.

An original would always be preferable but I just don't see them come up very often and in large sizes are almost impossible to find so a repro would probably be the way to go.

The BK M422a does look good and for the price does seem like an option but isn't it just the W&G version being produced at present, I do prefer the G&F contract over the two.

With no production start date mentioned by BK as of yet I guess I have some time to decide yet.