ELC is making a Dubow!

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Greg Gale, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Yes a caramel RW 16159 would be a great jacket for ELC to sell, but it is similar to their 1410-P,whilst the nearest thing to their new dark seal Dubow is their 50 Cal A-2. So from a commercial viewpoint there would be more demand for the Dubow.

Pilot likes this.
  2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Andrew, pinpointed...best possible ELC commercial/marketing approach.

Roughwear likes this.
  3. jeremiah

jeremiah Active Member

Hey Pilot. Word on the street is your posting privileges have been revoked until you upload your fit pics of your BK. :D

4. Flightengineer

Flightengineer Active Member

Interesting jacket.
    Greg, are you going to сhange your Star on Dubow ? :)

5. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

And the Monarch was only done as a 352nd Ftr Group jacket with an internal pocket.

B-Man2 and Roughwear like this.
  6. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

Guys, not jacket-bashing, perhaps its just me... but ELC's pocket flaps look a bit 'Cockpitty' to me... Similar to their 'Slender' model...
    Anyway, I like it... will get a good look at Legends.
    Dubow 1755 comparrisons.jpg

Flightengineer, Smithy and Greg Gale like this.
  7. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Thought thought exactly same about the pocket flaps, way too accentuated and I think pockets themselves maybe too large but don't look so with comparison pic. Jacket is nice but again, would I wear such a highly painted jacket? There is clearly a market but to the person 'on the street' that might appear a bit Avirex/Cockpity as you say but at a much inflated price!!

Roughwear likes this.
  8. Art

Art Active Member

Anyone know who the artist is that's doin the recent elite units that Eastman are exhibiting , I've just bout a BK dubow pics to follow when weather permits and it actually arrives ... Yep I prefer the crown's shame I'm bloody 4-1 down at mo talon v crown

stanier likes this.
  9. stanier

stanier Active Member

I can’t believe they went for a Talon equipped jacket. ELC are one of the few who can realistically do a Crown equipped Dubow repro in volume and they went for Talon. Very perplexing.

10. jeremiah

jeremiah Active Member

I would have loved a crown on my BK dubow I just ordered.

11. Geeboo

Geeboo Active Member

Can ELC customize my own measurements ?

12. Skip

Skip Well-Known Member

ELC seem to only customise length of sleeves and body. When I ordered my Werber, I dropped a size from 40 to 38 to achieve the chest size I required and increased the sleeves by the maximum amount which was 4 cms. The shoulder size was a bit iffy being a little tight at 17.5 but with the aid of a sweater and much arm folding while zipped it has now stretched to 18 my preferred shoulder size.

if your interested just ask for the measurements of your normal size jacket and then go from there

13. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

I can. This last contract Dubows originally only had Talon M-42 and M-43 zips. Crowns were not used on this contract.

14. stanier

stanier Active Member

Apologies I wasn’t clear. I meant pick a Dubow contract that does use Crowns, not one that doesn’t generally.

Roughwear likes this.
  15. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Is it not the guy A2 JACKET PAINTING ? He advertises on FB , i think his name is Chris (?)