• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC G-1

ScottoLaw

Just wanted to post up a few pics of my Eastman G-1. I am in the USA and fortunate to be close to HPA which is where I bought the jacket from. HPA and especially Charles were a pleasure to deal with. I have been on a long journey the past six months to arrive here. I've tried US Wings, Gibson and Barnes, Lost Worlds, and arrived at my destination with an ELC.

The jacket has a real nice tapered fit. I was unable to get that with any other repro. Hope you like the pics.

Scott

088.jpg

087.jpg

086.jpg

085.jpg

079.jpg

078.jpg

083.jpg

080.jpg

RCSignals

Looks good and looks good on you. Is it based on any particular maker?

Didn't you say earlier though that the Lost Worlds was a size too big? I wonder how a size down would have fit. Their G-1 pattern should be tapered with a correct fit.

The G+B will just be 'big', as you experienced.

Marv

I also have an ELC G1 which is an excellent jacket and unlike the A2 where I seem to want to try different manufactures and models, I have been totally satisfied with this jacket so much so that I haven't bothered looking else where for a change.

From what I remember, ELC's G1 is modeled on the LW Foster version which saw action in Korea and is one of the first G1s to be produced after the name change from the M422a.

Hope that helps.....

Roughwear

I too believe this jacket is based on a L.W. Foster design as there is one in the old Golden Book by way of comparison. Nice jacket BTW.

ScottoLaw

The lost worlds was a great coat but the leather was very thick and didnt seem to have the shine of the ELC. I also felt the LW mouton was too furry imo.

ScottoLaw

I didn't even want to try a size down in the Lost worlds. LW was nice to deal with. They answered all of my questions, but when I supplied my measurements he said he didn't need all of them. I wanted to go a size smaller to start with, but he was confident the size he sent would work. It did not.

RCSignals

Marv said:
I also have an ELC G1 which is an excellent jacket and unlike the A2 where I seem to want to try different manufactures and models, I have been totally satisfied with this jacket so much so that I haven't bothered looking else where for a change.

From what I remember, ELC's G1 is modeled on the LW Foster version which saw action in Korea and is one of the first G1s to be produced after the name change from the M422a.

Hope that helps.....

Thanks. Weren't there a couple of other 'names' though between M-422a and G-1 ?

The ELC looks to a great early G-1 option though and an excellent choice for one over an original.

RCSignals

ScottoLaw said:
I didn't even want to try a size down in the Lost worlds. LW was nice to deal with. They answered all of my questions, but when I supplied my measurements he said he didn't need all of them. I wanted to go a size smaller to start with, but he was confident the size he sent would work. It did not.
I can understand that if the weight of the leather wasn't what you wanted. It's also disappointing to go through the wait and be disappointed on arrival having not fit right.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RCSignals said:
Weren't there a couple of other 'names' though between M-422a and G-1 ?

I noticed that Eastman seemed to leave out the AN6552/AN-J-3A stage in their copy for the G-1. I guess if they don't make one, why tell people about it.

RCSignals

deeb7 said:
RCSignals said:
Weren't there a couple of other 'names' though between M-422a and G-1 ?

I noticed that Eastman seemed to leave out the AN6552/AN-J-3A stage in their copy for the G-1. I guess if they don't make one, why tell people about it.

I suppose. But for someone such as me just trying to understand the progression, it can be confusing or misleading. As far as I know the designations of AN6552/AN-J-3A on the nomenclature labels completely replaced 'M-422a'
Their G-1 pattern may well follow the immediate post M-422a pattern very well.