• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Flight Jacket DVD

Roughwear

Available from early June for £9.99. Contents:

The concept of making reproduction WWII flight jackets

The entire assembly procedure of a flight jacket as it goes through our factory

Flying highlights from the famous Flying Legends Show at Duxford

Veterans reminiscing about combat - and their jackets

The 352nd Fighter Group A-2 jacket and the pilots who wore them

Incredible stories from Aces – the joy the fear and the loss!

http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/eastman ... 597695.stm

Jamesp

Peter Graham said:
£9.99 ! This should be free or at least just a few quid. It's pure advertising.

That’s a good point Peter. I will probably still buy one though.

Maybe you get the money back when you buy a new jacket?

havocpaul

Already ordered mine, happy with the price as any new material on flight jackets is more than welcome; don't remember anyone moaning when they bought the Golden Book years back.

Peter Graham

havocpaul said:
Already ordered mine, happy with the price as any new material on flight jackets is more than welcome; don't remember anyone moaning when they bought the Golden Book years back.
It's a north-south divide thing. To you champange swilling Southerners, £9.99 is just another line of coke but to us oop North, it's enough to feed our stinking, shell suited families for a week and hopefully have enough left over to buy some indistrial strength lager for the weekend ! :lol:

Swing

Neat! Looks like North America may not be able to enjoy it for the time being though. :( Gotta check my DVD player's manual when I get home tonight.

~Swing

kkochheiser

Chances are that it will play on your computer even if it is PAL. At least I've played PAL DVD's on mine without problems.

Kent

MikeyB-17

It probably is a bit expensive for what it is, but to my knowledge there isn't much like it around so I'm going to get it for pure curiousity value-The Golden Book is basically advertising too, but interesting stuff nonetheless.

Cliff

Ordered mine !!! I am sure it will be the best marketing ploy Gary has ever had but as I too am from down south ;) What's £9.99 !!

rgds Cliff

rich

Cliff said:
Ordered mine !!! I am sure it will be the best marketing ploy Gary has ever had but as I too am from down south ;) What's £9.99 !!

rgds Cliff

What's £9.99? Down South Cliff, about the price of 3 pints, last time I was in the West End! But I ordered mine too - a DVD, not 3 pints- and like the Golden Book it is advertising by stealth but hopefully will be well worth it for the extra material. Fingers crossed.

Cliff

What's £9.99? Down South Cliff, about the price of 3 pints, last time I was in the West End! But I ordered mine too - a DVD, not 3 pints- and like the Golden Book it is advertising by stealth but hopefully will be well worth it for the extra material. Fingers crossed.

Three Pints !!!! I wish ! Wouldn't even buy you enough car parking time to drink 'em !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rich

Three Pints !!!! I wish ! Wouldn't even buy you enough car parking time to drink 'em !! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof. :D

CBI

the price is fine. Having done lots of video production for PR, its VERY expensive to produce. ELC might be selling "at cost" for the present

Icarus

Got the jacket, now watch the DVD.
The ELC DVD arrived today and I enjoyed watching it. It contains interviews with both axis and allied airmen and crews about their jackets which adds a nice perspective to their products. It also shows how a B3 is made detailing some of the processes, highlighting the autenticity. I wouldn't say it's aimed at the real enthusiast and it's a shame it doesn't go into the making of an A2 which I think is their flagship style. A 352nd fighter group feature highlights the non-standard inside pockets and even interviews the group parachute rigger that used to sew them on the originals. The Duxford Flying Legends footage but mostly the air crew interviews were my personal favourites.

rich

I have to agree, strange they chose the B3 over an A2. I thought it was all kept mildly superficial, but I guess they don't want to alienate the audience too much - or perhaps they didn't want to give too much away? I liked listening to the veterans too, I'm glad a member of the Luftwaffe was represented, but I found the absence of any RAF aircrew disappointing. It's nice to know that Gary has such genuine respect and admiration for these airmen. BTW, was that really Gary Eastman's A2 collection - if so, that's really not fair! All up, an enjoyable watch, but perhaps better for the reminisces rather than jacket information - maybe a touch lightweight for some of the aficionados here at the VLJ? But very well done nonetheless.

Andrew

Just received a copy today and have only scanned part of the first section so this opinion is probably underinformed but I think it looks excellent- if it were to appear on TV it would be a definite watcher. I'm glad they've done it as it fills in a bit of recent jacket history and it must have taken a lot of effort to put together.

I agree as well, what an amazing collection of originals but....what are they doing on hangers jammed onto those racks!!!? :eek: