• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC B-10 advice please

KevG

about to order a B-10 from ELC and have noticed many of you here who have this jacket have opted for an 'L' long version

I'll be ordering a 48 - I'm 6'2" and the on line sizing chart recommends a 48R

What would you guys recommend?

Also noticed that if ordered on line there's no option to specify 'R' or 'L', so I guess ordering by phone is best

thanks

Tim P

l isn that much longer so it wont spoil the look, alternatively, that little bit extra may make the difference if it is too short. I am 6 2 and mine is an off the peg 48 with no issues mind you....

KevG

Tim P said:
l isn that much longer so it wont spoil the look, alternatively, that little bit extra may make the difference if it is too short. I am 6 2 and mine is an off the peg 48 with no issues mind you....

Thanks Tim

appreciated

Dr H

I agree, with a height of 6'2" you'll probably find the extra 0.5" simply makes the jacket sit better on a longer torso (assuming that your height is not all leg!).

I have just sold my 42"L as it was a tad snug in the chest (due to the thickness of the excellent alpaca lining), but it sat really well on my waist with no ride up when wearing jeans.

My 44"R is just marginally shorter (it still sits on my waist and covers my belt buckle with jeans - with my higher waisted trousers it'll be perfect), but has more room to allow a thin jumper underneath - when it'll be used with snow on the ground.

I understand that the 'Long' is not standard so I'd call ELC and enquire/order.

You won't be disappointed with the jacket - I was never a big fan of the B-10 or B-15 (I can't abide nylon jackets, having been forced to wear replica US naval jackets at school in the 70s - Woolworths seemed to thrive on the sales of these and nylon, fur trimmed parkas with horrible orange quilted lining, and I associated the two).

Having decided to opt for a B-10 as a dog-walking jacket following the sale of my Irvin and it's the most comfortable jacket that I have. If it were to be waterproof it would be perfect :lol:

nogbat

i have a b 10 at 5 ,10 a 46 fitted fine i agree with your coments on the jacket there probaly at the moment there best jacket..

KevG

Thanks guys

I'll probably order tomorrow by phone

About to get rid of all my excess jackets so I'll just be left with my A2's, Indy's and soon a B-10

I think I'll keep one waterproof and that should be it

:)

KevG

Just ordered :)

Apparently 48L would be £50 extra so they recommended i try a 48R first that they would be happy to exchange if necessary

They were great on the phone and were busy packing up ready for Duxford

It will need to be made as none in stock so about two weeks to wait

KevG

Just an update

My ELC B-10 48Reg has arrived and its not only a great jacket, its a perfect fit too :)

It was a bit of a gamble getting a 48 actually, let alone a Regular.

My Aero real deal A2 is a 48 whereas my BK A2 is a 46 - both fit great

The Aero is a much heavier hide than the BK and obviously the B-10 has a thick lining - so my 48 theory worked on this occasion

Thanks for the tips

Kev

Dr H

Excellent news Kev - enjoy it as the weather is turning just in time!

I've had mine on all week and it's a keeper.

KevG

Dr H said:
Excellent news Kev - enjoy it as the weather is turning just in time!

I've had mine on all week and it's a keeper.

Absolutely roasting today

will have to stay hung up for awhile yet :cry:

Marv

I do to really like ELC's B10 and I found that when trying on various sizes at Duxford that even though I take a 46 reg in all of my ELC jackets, the size 46 was a bit too snug and a 48 reg fitted much better.

Any photos of your B10 now as I am interested in seeing how it's broken in and how the mouton has faired over these past months.

KevG

I'm 6'2 and have mixture of 46 and 48 jackets

ELC A1 - 46
Aero A2 - 48
BK A2 - 46
GW A2 - 48
ELC B10 - 48R

suit jackets - 46

All fit great :)

Would post a pic of my B-10 but not worn outside yet :lol: