• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC and steerhide .50 cal

bfrench

Administrator
Tim P said:
to limit unuseable returns. there are some fussy bastards about.

Rotenhahn.
You are right. Goodwears are very good. Your opinion counts. You are validated. No axe to grind with you but just leave it go will you FFS? I get to bicker enough at work without reading it here for 'relaxation'.
And anyone else rising to the bait too.
If you wouldnt mind....
please?

Hi, Rotenhahn,

Now how's that for - besar mi culo?

Bill French

ausreenactor

Is the CROWN zipper on this .50 Cal version a 'third' repro. With the two tape colors on offer I knew of 'two' versions. Is the lipped slider another new ELC first?? I like the look of it. I think the Werber with the Hookless zipper and the Crown zippers are a big draw card for ELC, regarldless of anyone's opinion on hides, interpretation of pattern etc. I must admit I am a regular buyer of ELC kit. But not exclusively. I have an Aero Beacon here that is awesome. And my collection of Buzz Rickson nylons and cottons is growing slowly. But if funds allow, I will always have a crack at the next ELC item, like a B-5 Helmet, A-1 Sweater etc.. They are a one stop AAF clothing store. Now that Dave is making the super 'Crushers' I do not have to cry that I missed out on the ELC ones!! And truth be told Dave's are certain to be better. But I think my WWII Impressions Pink OS cap suits my melon better.

GREAT JACKET, SPLENDID ZIPPER...

Keep them coming..

Regards..

Couchy

A

Anonymous

bfrench said:
Tim P said:
to limit unuseable returns. there are some fussy bastards about.

Rotenhahn.
You are right. Goodwears are very good. Your opinion counts. You are validated. No axe to grind with you but just leave it go will you FFS? I get to bicker enough at work without reading it here for 'relaxation'.
And anyone else rising to the bait too.
If you wouldnt mind....
please?

Hi, Rotenhahn,

Now how's that for - besar mi culo?

Bill French
Bill- I was going to let it go and now you egg me on! So Timmy my little school-marm friend- besa mi culo y tambien come mis calzonsillos!

Curahee

269sqnhudson said:
I asked Gary if he'd do an unburnished version. I had an unweathered PH A-2 so thought I'd ask. Surprising reply...

Dea Tom,

Thanks for the enquiry.

I'm afraid we don't supply anything that is not as advertised spec, so the .50CAL only comes in the broken-in spec. It's not that we don't want to be accommodating - it's to do with consolidating product identity. We have a very firm policy concerning this matter. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best regards,
Gary

A bit disappointing really...and surprisingly corporate phraseology; 'consolidating product identity'. I wonder why.

I'm also very interested in that particular jacket, as some of you know I was going for the BR or GW 21996 and almost ordered one when Gary told me to wait for a couple of days and watch the site for something coming up I might like. So I did and that is my next jacket, will wait though for the Duxford reviews.

I got the same reply when I asked for a mustard colored lining and aTalon zipper. I hope it's not the usual color but more
like the mustard/cinamon Aero color.

A

Anonymous

Curahee said:
269sqnhudson said:
I asked Gary if he'd do an unburnished version. I had an unweathered PH A-2 so thought I'd ask. Surprising reply...

Dea Tom,

Thanks for the enquiry.

I'm afraid we don't supply anything that is not as advertised spec, so the .50CAL only comes in the broken-in spec. It's not that we don't want to be accommodating - it's to do with consolidating product identity. We have a very firm policy concerning this matter. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best regards,
Gary

A bit disappointing really...and surprisingly corporate phraseology; 'consolidating product identity'. I wonder why.

I'm also very interested in that particular jacket, as some of you know I was going for the BR or GW 21996 and almost ordered one when Gary told me to wait for a couple of days and watch the site for something coming up I might like. So I did and that is my next jacket, will wait though for the Duxford reviews.

I got the same reply when I asked for a mustard colored lining and aTalon zipper. I hope it's not the usual color but more
http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gw21996_images2.html
Seriously Curahee- check out this jacket- it looks like the real thing-made of real grainy horsehide- are you all blind? Or would you really buy the timid Eastman with the pressed cowhide just to spite Rotenhahn?

bseal

rotenhahn said:
Seriously Curahee- check out this jacket- it looks like the real thing-made of real grainy horsehide- are you all blind? Or would you really buy the timid Eastman with the pressed cowhide just to spite Rotenhahn?

Wow! The .50 cal looks beautiful, but the Goodwear 21966 owns it.

gwaero_front_view_flat.jpg

gwaero.jpg

jacketimp

indeed the nearest thing to repro jkt heaven on earth..........

and the winner by TKO is .................

ringside-commnetary:

...........outclassed.......outleathered........outstitched......outmouthed......

Curahee

rotenhahn said:
Curahee said:
269sqnhudson said:

Dea Tom,

Thanks for the enquiry.

Best regards,
Gary

Well I'm still not sure.....so maybe yeah...and why would I spite you ? you have been my mentor, inspiration, and my jacket messiah..I wouldn't dare to spite the big Red Rooster ;)

269sqnhudson

rotenhahn said:
Curahee said:
269sqnhudson said:

Dea Tom,

Thanks for the enquiry.

Best regards,
Gary

I'd love to get a GW rotenhahn but even with a good exchange rate, after I've paid delivery, customs charges & VAT I'm looking at £600. Aero Real Deal = delivered at £312, Eastman delivered at £399.......No contest!

A

Anonymous

269:
I'd love to get a GW rotenhahn but even with a good exchange rate, after I've paid delivery, customs charges & VAT I'm looking at £600. Aero Real Deal = delivered at £312, Eastman delivered at £399.......No contest!

!!??!!!? Yeah- why spend extra money for the best- I'll just settle for second or third best! great logic! :D

hacker

rotenhahn said:
269:

!!??!!!? Yeah- why spend extra money for the best- I'll just settle for second or third best! great logic! :D

Probably what your wife was thinking :oops:

269sqnhudson

rotenhahn said:
269:

How about because I haven't got £600

Curahee

hacker said:
rotenhahn said:
269:

Probably what your wife was thinking :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: man you kill me...
toost.gif

A

Anonymous

Chandler:
...not with the graphics package I have.
Look at the sheen on McQueen's collar in your own avatar- it looks about like that...