• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Air Comfort measurements/pics?

Hawkeye

Thinking about going for the ELC Air Comfort, I would imagine that the measurements would be similar to their A-2s, but I'm not sure. My ELC cable size 44Long fits absolutely perfectly, I wonder if the same would be true for a 44long Air Comfort? If anyone has any pics that would be appreciated too. Thanks!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I have an idea that the Air Comfort is a little more relaxed/generous fitting than an ELC military A-2 ... Couchy would know. Here's measurements from an eBay 44R on Worth Point ...

Eastman Leather Clothing 'Air Comfort' Bomber jacket. Size 44. Chest(Armpit to Armpit) - 24" Collar Seam to Cuff knit tip - 32" Sleeve top to Cuff knit tip - 25 1/2" Jacket back(Collar seam to bottom of knit) - 26 1/4" Jacket back(Collar seam to top of knit) - 23 1/4"(3 inch knit) Jacket front(Length of Zipper) - 23 1/4" Zipper...

blethook

Hawkeye said:
Thinking about going for the ELC Air Comfort, I would imagine that the measurements would be similar to their A-2s, but I'm not sure. My ELC cable size 44Long fits absolutely perfectly, I wonder if the same would be true for a 44long Air Comfort? If anyone has any pics that would be appreciated too. Thanks!

I asked them once re the measurements of size 40, and surprisingly it was pretty trim! Armpit-to-armpit for a size 40 was given as 21", which I thought should be at least 22", like most of the A-2s. ELC Cable sizing is quite generous, in my opinion. So, perhaps you ought to ask Eastman about the right size for you.

ausreenactor

deeb7 said:
I have an idea that the Air Comfort is a little more relaxed/generous fitting than an ELC military A-2 ... Couchy would know.

What are you saying David? I will have you know I got smashed at PT today. Kept up with the Officer Cadets all the way. And I ran 12.4 kms on Wednesday morning last week for a giggle!!

Deeb is right, they are a better proposition for those without a military taper, like my BR SAT which no one is bidding on? Meh! Moving enough replicas and LS kits at present to cover me.

Couchy

ausreenactor

Oh! They're a well built and heavy hide too. Lined like a Peterbuilt!! Was going to say Kenworth but none of you would know what I was talking about.

Mundele

ausreenactor said:
.... like a Peterbuilt!! Was going to say Kenworth but none of you would know what I was talking about.

Hey! Some of us here are Peterbilt fans!

If You Got It a Truck Brought It! :p

asiamiles

The thing with the Air Comfort is that's it's just a 50's style leather jacket. Original A-2's are costly now because of what they are, but civilian jackets from the same period and a decade and a half later fetch what...probably a fifth of that amount? So I wonder what is the impetus to go for an Air Comfort rather than pay much less for an original? I'm not say it's not a fine, well-made jacket, but you're really paying a premium price for it.

Hawkeye

I would agree with that, however unless you are of 1940s-50s average stature it can be quite difficult to find jackets of that style that fit properly. And even if you did find one of proper size, chances are the mouton is shot to s**t.