• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC A2 Seal Warhorse

got my ELC A2 Seal Warhorse today which I like but it's not as warhorsey as I'd expexcted.
Not as grainy as the Werber I had and certainly no where near the Monarch ( but Garry did say the Monarch was overly grainy ).
It seems a bit thicker and stiffer ( ooh er missus ) than the werber as well .

Does anyone else have experience of the seal warhorse ?

Curahee

No, but have got experience with the 'Abana and it rocks, every part is different even (wich I kind of hate and like at the
same time) the pockets are miss-matched and have a slightly different colour. So.......I'm not complaining :cool:

P4260240.jpg

P4260241.jpg

Roughwear

Although your jacket has not the grain as my ELC Werber had, the leather reminds me of the smoother finish found on some originals. I owned a lightly worn Poughkeepsie which had a similar smooth appearance. I suspect your ELC jacket will develop grain through wear. I hope you enjoy it.

Size 42 Poughkeepsie
003.jpg

Falcon_52

I like Eastman's seal brown color. Sometimes seal brown jackets look almost black to me in pictures but this one is a really nice shade. About the grain: I would give it some wear time. Once it starts bending and stretching with movement, I'll bet it will look more like you want it to.

Again, it's great jacket...enjoy!

Noel

The grain is starting to come through allready after only a days wear, particulary on the back.
I think it's going to look really good after some more wear.

The spring loaded crown zipper works a treat as well.

airfrogusmc

Also leather doesn't really develop grain. It becomes more pronounced with time and wear. It will develop wrinkles but thats not grain.

That Havana looks great.

Does it have some smooth areas as well as grainy ?
I've noticed that the underside of the arms are quite grainy compared to the front.

Marv

Looks as though ELC must have lighten their seal colour recently then as I have a house A2 in seal goat and it's much darker than yours Johnny.....your's look more like russet / havana in colour to me, great looking jacket though.

percy

any pics of you guys wearing them? i have been trying to decide which colour to get so pics to compare would be great!

thanks

Curahee

johnny english said:
That Havana looks great.

Does it have some smooth areas as well as grainy ?
I've noticed that the underside of the arms are quite grainy compared to the front.

Yeah it has, and the underside of the arms does have some nice grain going on as well some other parts ;)

The Seal is really much darker than the Russet and about the same shade as the old ELC 27752.
I think the finish on the seal jackets makes it harder to see the grain but the more I wear it the sheen finish seems to wear off a bit and the grain starts to come through.

Grant

Hi Curahee,
That "Havana" color horsehide looks awesome. I really like the mismatched areas of smooth and grainy areas on the pockets and sleeves. Any chance you could post some photos showing what the fit is like of the current house A-2? I have an older sz. 40 ELC house jacket I bought second hand that fits me great. For my taste I found the house jacket is cut the a little on the large size so went down a size and couldn't be happier.

Grant

Curahee

I will try to post some ASAP. I normally take a size 42 but decided to try a size smaller (40) wich is a close/trim fit but
still comfortably. I'm a perfect size 40 although some jackets like the ELC Werber fit me better in a size 42, go figure :roll:
This ELC house A-2 is by no means a loose of baggy jacket !