• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC A-2 COLOUR AND SIZING, PICS!!!!

shiloh

Hello fellow members,

I own 2 ELC RW 1401 jackets, both size 40. The first one is made of very thick HH and dark reddish aniline finish (looks nearly like seal). It fits more like a roomier size 38. This example is about two years old. After hot water treatment it fits just right but still a bit short in the sleeves.

The second one is made of a much lighter weight HH, colour is normal russet brown and fits more like a roomier size 40. This example is about three years old.

My other ELC A-2 jackets, 15 year old russet SH house and Pearl Harbor SH fit me perfect.

Anybody out there who has the same experience with variety in sizes of the same contracts of any kind of ELC jackets. My RW 1401, size 40 is nearly too small (and too dark in my opinion) and the other RW 1401 is too light in weight, too supple and a bit too roomy.

Does ELC changed their weight of leather and colour of their RW 1401 over the years and did they use the same size labels on different size jackets.

Everytime I spot another jacket on VLJ or Ebay it's just a guess for me whether the jacket will fit me according to the size labels. Ofcourse I check all the important measures, but still I think the size lables of ELC jackets are not very reliable.

With some help from a fellow member I believe I am able to add pics to this topic. Thanks.

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Regards,

Shiloh.

atkins

Re: ELC A-2 COLOUR AND SIZING

Shiloh:

Here's how i post pictures :

1. Upload your photos to Photobucket.com
2. Copy each image "direct link"
3. Click the Img tab on Post a reply page
4.Paste the direct link in between the two "img" box.
5.Submit the reply

Wow some collection you have, pls post the photos soon...

Regards,
Atkins