• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Editing posts-request to change the time window

Vcruiser

Persimmon said:
Persimmon said:
I give up !!!!

I am beginning to believe that there are people on this Forum who still believe the Earth is flat.

"We fear change "

I see to be living in the era of the Flat Earth Society

Where do you get that?...because there are those who dare disagree with your position? We already had change.

ButteMT61

Persimmon said:
Exactly .....

I keep repeating over and over lets just talk jackets etc but all we seem to do is argue over such a simple matter.
Unlimited editing - whats so hard to get !!

Rule 1 - There is no Editing.
Rule 2 - We do not talk about "Editing"
Rule 3 - We fear Change

1) You CAN edit.
2) We keep talking about it, hence you're wrong.
3) No, WE don't.

"I see to be living in the era of the Flat Earth Society"
Based on a difference of opinion, we're apes? Many have given their 2¢. You insist on labeling folks in disagreement as backwards-thinking. What's so hard about replying to a post to update it? Why are you so intent on erasing past posts? 30 mins gives your forward-thinking brain time to fix any issues you might have. Write, check, post. Read post, leave as-is, or edit.

RCSignals

I don't advocate unlimited editing. 24 hours may be too long a period.
In cases where someone has come back with more info or photos for a post, it appears to be not too much after the 30 minute window closes. I would guesstimate a window of up to 3 hours would be sufficient.

Persimmon

ButteMT61 said:
Persimmon said:
Exactly .....

I keep repeating over and over lets just talk jackets etc but all we seem to do is argue over such a simple matter.
Unlimited editing - whats so hard to get !!

Rule 1 - There is no Editing.
Rule 2 - We do not talk about "Editing"
Rule 3 - We fear Change

1) You CAN edit.
2) We keep talking about it, hence you're wrong.
3) No, WE don't.

"I see to be living in the era of the Flat Earth Society"
Based on a difference of opinion, we're apes? Many have given their 2¢. You insist on labeling folks in disagreement as backwards-thinking. What's so hard about replying to a post to update it? Why are you so intent on erasing past posts? 30 mins gives your forward-thinking brain time to fix any issues you might have. Write, check, post. Read post, leave as-is, or edit.

The first rule of Vintage Leather Jackets is: You do not talk about changing the Editing Policy.

The second rule of Vintage Leather Jackets is: You do not talk about changing the Editing Policy

Third rule of Vintage Leather Jackets: If someone yells stop change the Editing Policy, the discussion is over.

Fourth rule: only 30 minnutes Editing is allowed.
Fifth rule: one Edit at a time, fellas. Its too confusing for us to take anymore in.
Sixth rule: no shirts, no shoes. Only Jackets and no talk about Editing
Seventh rule: Editing fights (sorry discussions) will go on as long as they have to but we will not change the policy.
And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first posting at Vintage Leather Jackets, you have to say editing for only 30 minutes is a good policy.

Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing

Vcruiser

I think we should make a change.
New rule:
A member can only repeat themselves..or reconfigure the same ole same ole..for no more than one other post. Otherwise..only one repeat. No matter how convinced they are that those who fail to agree must read it again..and again. If a second repeat is posted..it will be deleted within 30 minutes. :lol:

ButteMT61

No, if you repeat the same ol' same ol' more than once, you lose -5 minutes of editing time for the year. You start at 30 and go down to no editing. Pon Raul, 2012! :lol:

Vcruiser

Ooops...if you mention anything political...you can be completely edited out in less than a heart beat. :shock:
(Good thing we have 30 min)

Persimmon

Vcruiser said:
Ooops...if you mention anything political...you can be completely edited out in less than a heart beat. :shock:

Just think if you had unlimited time !!

Persimmon

ButteMT61 said:
Persimmon said:
Vcruiser said:

We'd never learn that way. :eek:

Exactly the point
This is not about unlimited editing time to start correcting posts and causing confusion, its about allowing members to have the facilty to adapt properly posts if required.

Its about allowing what most other forums offer without any difficulties whatsover.

Its just asking for an element of trust and not to be tarred with the same brush as a few ex members who caused problems in the past on this Forum.

Some members may be happy with a 30 minutes timeslot.
Well if that member is happy with that then keep working to that.

If other members want more time then let them use that time frame.
Just because its there and if it causes some members to much hassle/ confusion then don't use it.
You don't have to !!

Vcruiser

Persimmon said:
ButteMT61 said:
Persimmon said:

We'd never learn that way. :eek:

Exactly the point
This is not about unlimited editing time to start correcting posts and causing confusion, its about allowing members to have the facilty to adapt properly posts if required.

Its about allowing what most other forums offer without any difficulties whatsover.

Its just asking for an element of trust and not to be tarred with the same brush as a few ex members who caused problems in the past on this Forum.

Some members may be happy with a 30 minutes timeslot.
Well if that member is happy with that then keep working to that.

If other members want more time then let them use that time frame.
Just because its there and if it causes some members to much hassle/ confusion then don't use it.
You don't have to !!

Why don't you just PM Bill French :idea: ...and see what he thinks? He knows the past..and exactly what happened with editing..and the mostly self moderation that we once enjoyed...and just why the owner and mods felt themselves pressed to make the changes they did. 'We can do nothing on this end'..except keep this thread going untill hell freezes over. A few so dissatisfied..and others really not at all.

Persimmon

[ Why don't you just PM Bill French :idea: ...and see what he thinks? He knows the past..and exactly what happened with editing..and the mostly self moderation that we once enjoyed...and just why the owner and mods felt themselves pressed to make the changes they did. 'We can do nothing on this end'..except keep this thread going untill hell freezes over. A few so dissatisfied..and others really not at all.[/quote]

Good point although I thought the OP and his post was highlighting this as a discussion point.
Hopefully the Moderators have not been asleep and have been reading this and will make a decision or not !

Unlike most of the Forum members who have been asleep.
Bored senseless by meaningless banter..

Well lets close the thread and get back to talking jackets jackets and more jackets.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Persimmon said:
Good point although I thought the OP and his post was highlighting this as a discussion point.
Hopefully the Moderators have not been asleep and have been reading this and will make a decision or not !

You realise that Bill already made a decision, and we already discussed it ... back in November 2010?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8642