• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EDIT timing function

Weasel_Loader

After sitting back and ready all this stuff the past two days, I'm in the camp of leaving it the way it was. I believe the forum has had it's best times the last year or so with very little in-fighting and I think the members and moderators have built up a great group of folks here. ;)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
watchmanjimg said:
I think all we've accomplished here is to complicate the situation. Couldn't the Tamoko thread simply be dismissed as an isolated incident?

This just doesn't strike me as an ongoing concern, and already the solution only appears to create more problems. Just my opinion.

Jim's post sums it up for me ... it was an isolated incident, and the forum is working just fine. ;)

Cobblers161

Agreed with the above, leave as is. If a member decides to delete posts the so be it, hopefully with the calibre of folks we have here it'll happen very rarely. Let people be people, their actions will always be a guide to others of their intentions and maturity.

deand

I'm a conservative...so I'm for keeping things as they were. The Tamoko incident was an anomaly.

dean

Andrew

There will never be a concensus about this topic or any other, but it's not our decision or our forum. The decision was made by the Bosses so that's the way it is. I was around last night when WF spent a not inconsiderable amount of his time working out how to do this. Surprising how many think it's ok to criticize a board decision. I think people should stand by what they say, and aside from the sale points it's fine.

watchmanjimg

Andrew said:
There will never be a concensus about this topic or any other, but it's not our decision or our forum. The decision was made by the Bosses so that's the way it is. I was around last night when WF spent a not inconsiderable amount of his time working out how to do this. Surprising how many think it's ok to criticize a board decision. I think people should stand by what they say, and aside from the sale points it's fine.

Oh, brother. There seemed to be consensus until this post. :lol:

Seriously, I'm confident the mods won't take offense to anything said here as it's clear none was intended. They haven't exactly ruled with an iron fist, so I'm not sure we should start walking on eggshells just yet.

MikeyB-17

I'm not going anywhere, but I see no reason to change from what's here already either. AFAIK, people deleting all their posts hasn't been a problem up to now. Weird.

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, Guys,

No offense to any posts - if it gets to that level where we complain about a posters opinion then we'll all probably be elsewhere.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
tcwu said:
specially I need edit function for my poor English! :lol: :lol:

Apart from Andrew, most of us would be happier with the loss of the edit function if was replaced by a spell checker.

... and expect to see a significant increase in posts with screwed up Photobucket URLS.

Andrew

deeb7 said:
tcwu said:
specially I need edit function for my poor English! :lol: :lol:

Apart from Andrew, most of us would be happier with the loss of the edit function if was replaced by a spell checker.

:?:

Perhaps a translator might be more useful...

rich

[quote
Perhaps a translator might be more useful...[/quote]

Last edited by rich on Mon 15 Nov, 2010 7.56 am, edited 3 times in total.