• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Star A-2: What do you think?

Juanito

So, I ran across this, a Star Sportswear A-2 repro on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1529751745...3De11051.m43.l1123%26rvr_id%3D0&ul_noapp=true

Not my jacket, just curios as to what we think this is. I tried to match it up with the examples on the Good Wear site and can't conclusively match it to anything on the new jacket productions page nor the sale page, unless it is the cowhide version seen here:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Star_No4_46_Cowhide/front_view.jpg

Seems a little over-priced considering the scuffing, which while minor, certainly makes the nowhere near new condition.

Brettafett

I'm pretty sure that is an Eastman Star Sportswear A-2. Approx $1265 new! Could check with he seller.
Not a bad price considering ELC's recent price increase.

Juanito

At first I thought Eastman as the leather looks very similar to my Eastman .50 cal but I think Eastman uses the "other" version of the Star label. Seller has no idea on who made it.

Last edited:

ties70

Unless ELC has changed their measurements significantly in the last years, I would say GW...

I could have fit into a 46" ELC just fine, but not into this jacket...

Garylafortuna

GoodWear makes the 18245-P contract but it looks like Eastman only does the 28557 contract. I sure wish this jacket was my size. Anybody know if ELC ever made this 18245 contract?

Brent

[QUOTE="Garylafortuna, post: 196379, member: I sure wish this jacket was my size. [/QUOTE]

Sleeve length aprox. 34". What?

Regards,

ties70

[QUOTE="Garylafortuna, post: 196379, member: I sure wish this jacket was my size.

Sleeve length aprox. 34". What?

Regards,[/QUOTE]

Most likely from the side of the neck, not the top of the sleeve seam?