• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay searching?

johnwayne

Don't really search much these days as I find it difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff as the saying goes. When I sold an Aero M442a a couple of years ago I got the ad pulled as I added 'not A2, G1' in the heading as it was deemed, it seems, to be misleading yet I now see all sorts of rubbish pop up! I find it very frustrating to sift through numerous pages before anything half decent appears and I know we discussed this before but how annoying is it to see 'original vintage Avirex/ Ralph Lauren' and the like? Also the cloning of ELC or GW images that still show up for cheap prices!!
I guess what I'm asking is if you guys have any sure fire way of getting through the fog of crap when you search or am I asking you to give up your trade secrets??

Roughwear

There is no sure fire way of cutting through the rubbish Wayne. Key name spamming is really annoying as are the stolen pictures from top makers used to advertise low grade jackets. Whatever search criteria you use you can't escape this I'm afraid.

johnwayne

Pretty much thought that to be the case, sometimes after 4/5 pages I give up, telling myself I really don't need any more jackets! Only today I read in an earlier section about Chinese repops and aware that Bronson jackets come via Aliexpress.com I checked out there to actually find A2's for $208 with none other than a pic of John Chapman straight from the GW site!! I know JC is a moderator here from time to time but the busy man he is hopefully he's aware - the detailed pic they show actually doesn't look too bad, misleading though.

Last edited:

Roughwear

OMG! The cheap A2s they are selling have nothing to do with JC. I hope they asked him for permission to use his photo, but I guess not.