• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay gets even worse

John Lever

Tried to bid today but was refused because my EBay and PP accounts aren't linked. Even though they are now separate it seems there is a rule that enforces the use of PP.
This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and will only sell to buyers who meet those requirements.
You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:
You either don't have a PayPal account or your PayPal account is not linked to your eBay account. We encourage you to register with PayPal - it is the fast, easy and safe way to pay. Register with PayPal | Already have a PayPal account?

JDAM

After ten years, I deleted both my Ebay and Paypal accounts a couple of weeks ago. I've concluded I need neither anymore. Quite liberating.

a2jacketpatches

Wasn't aware of this and it's not something I feel the need for but a quick GOOGLE search explains why.
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-B ... p/17938193

I've had someone hack into my Ebay before and Ebay was on top of it before I knew what was going on. So to not have your accounts linked truly is depriving yourself from a level of security. These are seller preferences just like blocking a guy who's had more than two unpaid strikes in a year and I've got my preferences set to block those who do. Also, anyone who doesn't pay in 4 days gets another set preference, the unpaid item assistant. It files a dispute automatically and prevents the retaliation of negative feedback. Basically these are some of the very few ways Ebay protects the seller and I have to say kudos to them for that.

I understand that Ebay isn't what it used to be in a lot of ways, but without it I'd have to go get a real job :lol: A buyer can easily make safe arrangements specific to buying on Ebay or simply buy somewhere else. Sellers simply cannot get the level of exposure, security, or reputation any other way at such a good price. I'll happily pay the fees to not have a brick and mortar with insurance, advertising expenses, utility bills, security system, swiping credit cards, yada, yada, yada.

And as JDAM says, he's decided that he doesn't need them anymore, problem solved. I do, so I maintain a certain discipline by changing passwords from time to time and not using the option for my devices to remember those passwords. As buyer, there's more on my side than you can shake a stick at so I've been buying just about everything that I don't need immediately. Beside the fact that many times I won't find exactly what I need driving around, I can search by price, specific description, hassle free returns, delivery speed, and that list goes on. Most recently a front OEM plate bracket for the Ford, should be here today.

Here's that link again -
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-B ... p/17938193