• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Commandments

shanghai joe

ausreenactor said:
Bought a Blood Chit repro from eBay last year. Got excuses about selling more than he had(eBay rule number one, you must have the item to sell it), then quality issues, then Christmas period. 45 days and the Paypal protection had expired. More excuses then eBay feedback ran out. After that no responses to emails. THEN he lists the item, I elect to buy it a second time, with access to a fresh eBay feedback. And overcharged $21.50 for shipping. Now? Do I leave a negative or hit him up for the overage, then leave a negative?? Paypal should not have an end date for unreceived item or item not as described. And the hoops you have to jump through are insane. Three times I have needed them, I have been bounced around the FAQ's and offered an apology. I should have acted sooner. So now, no second chances. While I will not claim for an item not as described, keep the thing and get my money back. In the event I am "done dry" again I like to think the Buyer Protection will protect the buyer..

Over three ID's across the years, thousands of trades both ways, I have only had three items not arrive. A photo of Melissa Joan Hart(dont' ask), a USMC cover and a set of HBT coveralls. Had the seller of the coveralls email last month to say they had come back. 14 months after they were shipped. Paid for a second trip across the ocean and should arrive soon. So two things astray, no payments lost(cash I always sent registered), and still keen as ever to pay USPS more than the item cost in some cases. In Australia, if you want US WWII stuff, you have to go to the source!!

Ask my wife...eBay is the Devil incarnate..But I love it, she loves me and we have an understanding. As long as the kids are fed and the savings move forward I am good to 'splurge' as I see fit.

you got a good woman there. Me I have no one to answer to. Ok my bank manager.

two mantras I chant in the morning:

I OWE I OWE
THEREFORE TO WORK I GO

I DON'T WANT TO BE A MILLIONAIRE.........I WANNA LIVE LIKE ONE........goerge bernard shaw

ole joe

Andrew

Yep, if anyone want's anything else changed just drop me a line and i'll see what I can do.... :cool:

Andrew

Re: Ebay's further muscle flexing...

First they say you can't determine when you will or won't accept a payment with Paypal, now they are planning to make it mandatory for all payments to go through paypal!

First Australia- then the WORLD MWUARGGGHHH!!! :lol: :twisted:

I wonder how far this idea will get.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/04/ ... 15911.html

SEAPIMP

Hello deeb7, I just sold my first A2 jacket on ebay. I'm a new paypay member ( as I just got it to sell on ebay) It say's on paypal that if your a new member, or have no feed back on ebay ,that they will hold the payment for 21 days...I also said in my listing No Paypal...But he sent payment by paypal...Now we both wait...Next time, I will go right to my second chance offer guy...
Troy

Because of your limited transaction history on eBay, you must offer PayPal or a merchant credit card as a payment method for this listing. PayPal is the safer, easier way to receive payments on eBay.

Some payments may be held in your account to ensure smooth transactions. PayPal will release the hold after 21 days without a buyer dispute, claim, chargeback or other action. The hold may be released earlier if either of the following occurs:
Buyer leaves positive Feedback.
3 days after PayPal confirms item delivery.

deeb7 said:
Jason said:
The only hint of a problem I've had with PP is a seller who refuses to send the item until the PP funds (which he has confirmed he's received) clears out into his personal bank account - three weeks and waiting.

Three weeks!!

That's crazy Jason, there is no clearance on electronic payments. If he wants a few days to see it in his account, then maybe ...

But now it's time to look for a refund.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
SEAPIMP said:
Hello deeb7, I just sold my first A2 jacket on ebay. I'm a new paypay member ( as I just got it to sell on ebay) It say's on paypal that if your a new member, or have no feed back on ebay ,that they will hold the payment for 21 days...I also said in my listing No Paypal...But he sent payment by paypal...Now we both wait...Next time, I will go right to my second chance offer guy...
Troy

Hello Troy,

Oh okay, by the time I got around to joining PayPal I had plenty of feedback, so I didn't know that they sometimes have a holding period. Prior to that I survived on BidPay money orders, and by processing credit cards direct.

I would still send out the jacket though, as the buyer has paid. I did every time on BidPay notifications ... the money orders would turn up eventually.
:)

asiamiles

SEAPIMP said:
You can refuse/refund his payment, but I wouldn't recommend it; likely he will leave Neg feedback (even though it was he who didn't follow your instructions) and actually not many bidders take up second chance offers so you would be left without a buyer.