• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay.....argh!

johnwayne

Maybe this has come up before(?) but just sold 2 jackets and unwittingly I've apparently used their 'global' delivery method whereby recipient pays direct for despatch costs yet, it's cost me £16 for one and £20 for the other to send them to the hub in Derbyshire! Then to rub salt in the wounds they/PayPal are hanging on to the funds for almost 2 weeks!! I've never had any problems and have good feedback both as seller and buyer so I'm pee'd off to say the least - how much interest are they making if this happens to everyone but lesson learned I guess!!!
Cheers
Wayne

shedonwanna

I've sold using the global delivery and have (so far) liked the service. I ship using domestic postage with tracking to a hub in the US then get an email notification when the item arrives at the international buyers location/home. I am sure the buyer is paying an enormous fee for this service but I don't have to charge extra for international postage or wait in line at the post to fill out customs forms. I like to offer free shipping with one day handling which makes eBay happy and adds to my seller rating. Payment does take a few days extra.

Overall good experiences with eBay since 1998 but there are number of boxes to check/uncheck. I just take my time and use templates when listing.

robrinay

I've just used it for the first time to buy from the US. I was very concerned when I read reviews about the shippers 13ten but it all worked out fine. I've never managed to get away with import taxes before GSP - my parcels have always been intercepted - and at least this way I didn't have to pay Parelforce a fee for taking money off me!

shedonwanna

If I'm shipping one or two patches international and not using eBay, then a flat envelope using standard first class or airmail is usually less than US$3. But then I am usually dealing with established customers and forum members. When third party brokers and government (not getting political) get involved things get expensive. I've only been using eBay lately because they offer me 50 free listings a month and some of my junk that has been accumulating over the last 60 years is considered collectible. Selling reproduction patches on eBay is more difficult now that there are dozens of artists(?) from all over the globe swamping eBay with their wares. I prefer going to air shows, gun shows, biker rallies, and trades shows and dealing with folks first hand.