• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Star or Original?

Dom

Jacket appears to be back up on the bay, looks to be in great condition for an original. EBay item # 150943220834

blackrat2

Wow how much...I have to say originally I didn't think the owner had to justify themselves to any of us but that doesn't sit pretty with me IMHO

Roughwear

The jacket was clearly too big for Brian and he could see no point in keeping it. I guess he's just testing the water on Ebay. Star A2's in a size 48 are extremely rare, let alone in this condition and there may be someone out there who would pay this price for it. I paid around this amount for my mint size 44 Star several years back.

saucerfiend

Roughwear said:
The jacket was clearly too big for Brian and he could see no point in keeping it. I guess he's just testing the water on Ebay. Star A2's in a size 48 are extremely rare, let alone in this condition and there may be someone out there who would pay this price for it. I paid around this amount for my mint size 44 Star several years back.

Thanks, Andrew! Besides, buying my original Aero 21996 a few weeks ago set me back nearly 3 times what I paid for the Star. I'm not rich. So, I need to re-coup.

Brian

767fo

Good luck with the sale. If I found an original in my size and in that condition I would bite the bullet and pay that.

Jeff M

767fo said:
Good luck with the sale. If I found an original in my size and in that condition I would bite the bullet and pay that.
I think you and I would end up in a bidding war. :lol:

Andrew

767fo said:

Any particular contract? I have a very nice orig s48 RW 27752 I will be listing shortly. I'll cover the postage cost. JC refined his version with this particular jacket.

A-2RW27752482.jpg

saucerfiend

dmar836 said:
Wow, That is nice.
Brian, are you now hooked on originals?

Dave

Dave,
I Assume you were looking at the Aero 21996 thread in the "vintage section", which features my new jacket. No, thought the Star would fit, but it was much too large for me. I had an opportunity to obtain the Aero 21996 and went for it. Unfortunately, It was much more costly than the Star. I figure I'm set at this point but need to sell the Star to re-coup. Luckily, it's worth pretty much what I paid for the Aero. Then it's back to buying Good Wears as I only want 1 original.

Brian

767fo

Andrew said:
767fo said:

Any particular contract? I have a very nice orig s48 RW 27752 I will be listing shortly. I'll cover the postage cost. JC refined his version with this particular jacket.

A-2RW27752482.jpg

I am looking for a near mint size 46 RW or Aero. I am hoping to find one but I am patient.

Peter Graham

Andrew said:
I have a very nice orig s48 RW 27752 I will be listing shortly. I'll cover the postage cost. JC refined his version with this particular jacket.

A-2RW27752482.jpg

Andrew, that's one fantastic looking A-2. Are you sure that you want to part with it ?

Andrew

Peter Graham said:
Andrew, that's one fantastic looking A-2. Are you sure that you want to part with it ?

Yeah Pete, I don't wear it and if I do want to wear an original I have a s48 Perry. My plan is to try to lose a couple of originals and an orig Irvin that are just hiding away not being appreciated. I have a new Dubow scheduled for March that's been on order for about 1.5 yrs (I postposned it as I didn't need it till then) and I have another painted GW and an RMNZ Dubow to shift as well. Trouble is getting on with the plan! ;)

Members online

Latest posts