• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Star or Original?

Hamsterbear

I had an Eastman Star, and it was a lot darker than that.
The seller is in Independence, CA...in the Owens valley high desert east of the Sierras. This is where the Manzanar Japanese internment camp was. It is possible it COULD be original, but you would have to "black light" the stitching to see if any is synthetic.
A lot of stuff gets found in these desert communities- many vets retired to places like these.....I dunno, could be....

Silver Surfer

years ago elc made a batch of stars with a lighter russet hh or cow. i know because i had one. the pix for the jac on ebay are just to unclear to make out if its an elc or original. the label on my original star appears to be slightly more rectangular, and the lettering just a tiny bit different. however, this may be due to the sellers pic angle. as a buyer, i would consider it an elc, and if it proves to be original,all the better.

TankBuster

Doesn't ELC put lables in the pockets?? I think its original but better pics of some of the details will tell us for sure.

2BM2K

There is a good photo of the label. Comparing this to the ELC Star label as shown on their website there are differences.

The commas after LYNN and FORCE are different, also PROPERTY aligns differently to AIR FORCE US ARMY.

So the jacket does appear to be an original.

Roughwear

I would put my money on this being a lightly worn original. It should have a rectangular paper label in the left pocket-at least my mint original has one. The shape of the collar is identical to originals and ELC has yet to replicate the precise curve near the collar point. The label is not identical to ELC Star labels. More detailed pictures would be helpful.

omarco

I have an ELC Star so its almost nice for me to see the confusion as to whether its an original or repro! That one looks too mint to me to be an original... i'd put my money on the older ELC repro... but what do i know.

Here's an old picture of the collar on mine.. the pic is over a year old so is alot more broken in now.

8074671051_f824ea9be4.jpg

TankBuster

Clark J said:
F me when did he change it to BIN?????Some send him an offer???

Clark,

You should have told me you were interested. I wouldn't have said anything about it being a original! ;)