• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman S.F.A.D.

Silver Surfer

I had one of those, and the first thing I did was give it a rough out boot treatment. It then had some rain-snow protection, but ultimately not much. It stil absorbed water like a sponge.I can’t possibly imagine open cockpit flying in one of those unfinished b-3s, in the 1930s-40s.

mulceber

Masters of tha Air must be ready for release if Eastman have put this out now
Uhh..yeah, I'd say that's their thinking:
011119205626000000mcclelland018.jpg

(John Egan of the Bloody 100th)

Although it's not getting released until around January, by current estimates. :(

mulceber

Yeah, I like that one better than the snow white option. Looks closer to the photo of Egan. The newer option is also closer to what other companies (Aero, also GW) currently offer, so I'm curious at the logic of switching. o_O

Attachments

• ebed5500-fe12-4fa3-ace9-8e4d5978c5bd.jpg
    ebed5500-fe12-4fa3-ace9-8e4d5978c5bd.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 54
  • front_view_flat.jpg
    front_view_flat.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 53

Dumpster D

When I see this Eastman Jacket offering, It will always remind me.

About 20 years ago, there was this little old Military Antique store in an old Schoolhouse a few towns over, and the owner was retiring. Someone had brought in two Flight jackets. A Coastal Command Irvin (The photo in my Avatar) There was also one other Jacket he mentioned that came in with it too, but he didn't know what to do with because it was so fragile. It was stashed in a garbage bag.

The Irvin Jacket had cost me every dime I could scrounge up.

I asked finally to have a peek at the other original Jacket that was still kicking around. Turns out, it was one of these Merino B-3 Jackets, probably a size 38 with amazing patina on the sleeves. He wanted $170 for it. It was filthy and starting to fall apart. Still, I knew it had to be a very special piece.

I just didn't have the means. Regretfully looking back, I always wonder what happened to that Jacket. There's been a couple of original Jackets that got away from me that will always haunt me for the rest of my life.