• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman price increases

Hawkeye

Well it appears the low pound has finally caught up with ELC as the prices of many products have been increased substantially. It seems to affect mostly the sheepskins, I think the A-2s and german flight jackets are unaffected. Heres a rundown on the new prices (in GBP)

B-3: Now 469.99, was 434.99
Roughwear B-3: Now 529.99, was 499.99
ANJ-4: Now 539.99, was 499.99
1940 pattern Irvin: Now 529.99, was 499.99
1942 pattern Irvin: Now 469.99, was 434.99

The B6 and D-1 have increased accordingly as well, same with the B-10. There may be other increases on other jackets that I have missed as well.

Roughwear

No real surprise that this has happened with the weaker pound making imported shearling more expensive now.

John Lever

Looks like the short term benefits of the weak pound have ended.
Sheepskins may have gone up but I'm sure HH will be next as it's all imported from Italy.
Some of the Few jackets are made from British sheepskins so there are home grown alternatives, but they could be all sold to overseas buyers.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Some of the Few jackets are made from British sheepskins so there are home grown alternatives ...

But maybe not for Eastman, who feel that it's more authentic to use American sheepskin ... and the British sheepskin is probably far too delicate anyway, now that they're only selecting Warsheep.

warsheep.jpg

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
Some of the Few jackets are made from British sheepskins so there are home grown alternatives ...

But maybe not for Eastman, who feel that it's more authentic to use American sheepskin ... and the British sheepskin is probably far too delicate anyway, now that they're only selecting Warsheep.

warsheep.jpg

Ha Ha !
Crazy world we live in where Eastman buy materials from the US and The Few buy form the UK.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Ha Ha !
Crazy world we live in where Eastman buy materials from the US and The Few buy form the UK.

Well exactly, it's nice that The Few are supporters of the Great British sheep, and they seem to use a lot of South African merino.

You'd think that we could grow them right here ... we've got plenty of farmland. :shock:

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
Ha Ha !

Well exactly, it's nice that The Few are supporters of the Great British sheep, and they seem to use a lot of South African merino.

You'd think that we could grow them right here ... we've got plenty of farmland. :shock:
Too easy

dav3469

Hawkeye said:
The B6 and D-1 have increased accordingly as well, same with the B-10. There may be other increases on other jackets that I have missed as well.

Hawkeye,

What price had you noticed the B-10 at before? I pulled the trigger on one yesterday. The price on the online order cart seemed to be the same as it was for the past week or so of obsessing over which repro B-10 to purchase.

Regardless, I saved money buying direct from ELC as the HPA was substantially higher, even taking shipping and a possible 6-8 percent customs tax.

Using a credit card, HPA would have been over $700.00 including the 18.95 listed shipping and handling charges. Direct was $567.60 last night even including packaging and shipping to the U.S.

Hawkeye

I think they increased the price of the B-10 around 3 weeks ago. It used to be in the 320 pound range I believe.

Edit: With shipping to North america it used to be roughly 520.00 US

dav3469

Hawkeye said:
I think they increased the price of the B-10 around 3 weeks ago. It used to be in the 320 pound range I believe.

Edit: With shipping to North america it used to be roughly 520.00 US

Ah, ok thanks for the information. I still don't feel too bad with the direct price, still a savings (well I mean a relative savings/suffering from the addiction we have). From everything I have researched I think I will be pleased with the ELC compared to some of the other makers--and BR just can't cover a big guy like me (48-50 range).