• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman M-422a timeworn pic anyone?

havocpaul

Would love to see one too; hopefully Eastman will get round to showing them in detail rather than the pocket close-up on the 'time-worn' page. Seeing that goatskin usually doesn't wear as much as horse it'll be interesting to see if it looks accurate. otherwise it will be a long wait to the Duxford shows to see one for real.

BONNIEGIRL4

Can't imagine timeworn goat on an M 422a. I have an ELC G&F, over 5 yrs old and the goat is as broken and grainy as hell. Incredibly tough jacket from leather to knits. I know some here will disparage this, and I am not discounting their experieces, I must be lucky - TOM

greyhound52

BONNIEGIRL4 said:
Can't imagine timeworn goat on an M 422a. I have an ELC G&F, over 5 yrs old and the goat is as broken and grainy as hell. Incredibly tough jacket from leather to knits. I know some here will disparage this, and I am not discounting their experieces, I must be lucky - TOM
Tom,
Had an original 422A and had the same experience the goatskin was tough as nails and really didn't show any wear. I have a 49 year old G-1 that looks like new.