EASTMAN LONDON POP-UP SHOT

Discussion in 'Reproduction manufacturers' started by Grant, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Grant

Grant Active Member

2. s4rmark

s4rmark Member

My good lady and myself went on Friday.

3. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

I'd love to go but fear I might come away penniless.

4. stanier

stanier Member

I went along yesterday. Excellent excuse for a day out. The store is done very well and was very busy. I wish it was there permanently or at least more often.

It's right next door to Son of a Stag which stocks lots of Japanese denim etc too.

Definitely recommend a visit.

Cheers all

5. Cobblers161

Cobblers161 Well-Known Member

Sounds like it could be an expensive trip :)

I take it the scooter shop next door is no l0nger there.

6. gav

gav Member

Scooter shop? That place went years ago!
    I bought a '65 Vespa super from there in about 2000 or so.

I went to the Eastman shop on the first day. It was busy, they were doing a storming trade. The guys were all very helpful, relaxed and pleasant. It was great to be able to try on literally all styles.
    I bought this elmc horsehide version of the g-1.

Attached Files:

7. Cobblers161

Cobblers161 Well-Known Member

Gav, that G-1 is a bang on fit! Looks just right.

I think the last time I was down there must have been mid-2000's, I think Son of a Stag had just opened there. Which Vespa did you buy? I've just sold my '68 Sprint (with P2 engine & tuned Mallossi) :-(.

The pop up shop is such great idea especially as you say, it gives the opportunity to try before you buy.I'm hoping the exoerience encourages ELC to make it at least an annual occurence.

8. gav

gav Member

I've been trying to remember the name... Scooter emporium!
    I had a 150cc blue super from there. It was pretty original with 8" wheels but had been repainted. I sold it after a few years and bought a sportique from Scooterworks in Waterloo that was untouched down to the key fob from an Italian monastery.

Back to elc- I was there for well over an hour trying on jackets over and over. I really hope they make it an annual event!

9. Marv

Marv Active Member

sounds really cool, just wish they could take it on the road Grand Tour'esque around the UK

10. Grant

Grant Active Member

Nice looking G-1 Gav.
    If they do make it an annual event, I may just have to plan a holiday trip to London next year.

11. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

Come see me I have more jackets

Skyhawk likes this.
  12. johnwayne

johnwayne Active Member

Isn't/wasn't Son of Stag a seller of ELC's jackets - been there a few times albeit not recently but they are blooming expensive!
    Stupidly I was in Brick Lane only last Thurs and totally forgot about the pop up shop!!
    Anyone thinking of going it's worth a wander around the area, plenty of vintage clothing shops nearby - the covered market in Spitafields is good on Thursdays too.
    Cheers
    Wayne

13. Grant

Grant Active Member

Hey John,
    Have any more early ELC Irvins you wanna sell?

14. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

Maybe.......a very nice early Merino seal b3 with horsehide facings size 44....

15. Grant

Grant Active Member

Thanks, with the sweet Perry B3 you sold me a few years ago, I'm all set in that department.

16. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

17. colekwok

colekwok Active Member

Went there on Saturday for a quick check, had a little chat with the staff in there and took some photos... I also saw some 'fashion' guys coming in while I was there, they all seemed impressed in the beginning, but by the time they looked at the price tags, they simply left.... I guess these jackets aren't their cup of tea anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

looks like great fun!!!!

19. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised, and I bet a lot of that went on whilst they were open. I had a similar experience in the Real McCoy's shop in Covent Garden this year. I dunno how folk afford those sort of prices, but ELC don't seem to be doing too badly, so somebody's buying this stuff. The shop looks cool, though, and that Harley is gorgeous.

20. colekwok

colekwok Active Member

The lads in the shop thought I am from the far east, and they keep on telling saying that oriental people really contribute quite a lot of their sales. They are certainly doing very well especially they now have distributors inside China as well as Taiwan. I overheard one lady asking her man whether those jackets in the shops are used....... !!

Anyway, it is a nice cool shop, the smell of leather was even better when you stepped in the shop. I think it was way different from their Duxford tent.