• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Irvine with added practicality

saucerfiend

Being a B-2 guy, I think it looks great! Also, the fact that it's slightly bellowed; should make it a bit easier to retrieve something at the bottom of the pocket. I might have this type of pocket installed on the B-2 that Steve makes for me.

Brian

John Lever

saucerfiend said:
Being a B-2 guy, I think it looks great! Also, the fact that it's slightly bellowed; should make it a bit easier to retrieve something at the bottom of the pocket. I might have this type of pocket installed on the B-2 that Steve makes for me.

Brian

I think the original pockets were bellowed. It would seem that all the repro makers got this wrong as the flat pocket is almost useless.

saucerfiend

John Lever said:
saucerfiend said:

Brian

I think the original pockets were bellowed. It would seem that all the repro makers got this wrong as the flat pocket is almost useless.

I agree 100%

Brian

chamboid

its interesting that most people don't like asymmetry, especially on an Irvine, which depending on the hide construction could be asymmetrical.

STEVE S.

John Lever said:
saucerfiend said:

Brian

I think they missed on the collars too. Most repros I've seen have tall, "volcano" looking collars vs. the more flattened looking originals.

flyboy

When I wear my Irvin, I always makes sure, I have enough pockets. In my trousers!
I love the original design of the Irvin as it is. And would never spoil it with pockets. Inside or outside.
But each to his own. :)