• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Fly Weight

John Lever

New product ELC an Irvin made from Merino skins. Well it's been a very long time coming and possibly a response to the Aero release. Very early Eastman' s were made from Merino skins and imo are the best ever made, the broken grain series was retro grade.
The photos look very impressive and from them it looks like a great jacket like they were 25 years ago.
Screenshot_20211119-130048.png
Screenshot_20211119-130059.png

Brylcreemer

Wow. I wish I hadn't seen this - it's beautiful, but the price will be big I expect.

My favourite repro cut-wise, but that broken grain was nasty. This is perfect

Otter

The fleece looks great, just not so keen on the surface finish. Oh, ......and the ticket price !

Kermit3D

I don't like jackets where the bulk of it looks old / aged but the trim looks fresh and brand new.

Now that I can see the jacket on my PC screen (I saw it on my phone earlier), I agree, there is a strange aged effect. It looks like a jacket from their ".50CAL" line.

bn1966

I’d stretch to one if I didn’t have an ELC D-1 but in the UK there’s little enough opportunity to wear shearling down south as it is. I had a BOB jacket but moved it on in favour of the D-1, BOB was just too warm for me most of our Winter/Fall. In the market for a RW A-2 just after Xmas & have arranged that I’ll pay Eastmans a visit, will have a look at the ‘fly’ RAF jacket when I’m there.