• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman at shows....?

havocpaul

I see no one reported any news from visiting Eastman's stall at either Flying Legends or War and Peace. Did anyone see anything new (like the elusive M-444!) or anything else? My friend who also stalled at Duxford said they seemed packed out and busy on the Sunday.

John Lever

Gary told me last week that the m444 was put on hold due to the workload from other productions. Andrew bought a Perry B3 at a show recently so there must have been a tent there.

havocpaul

John Lever said:
Gary told me last week that the m444 was put on hold due to the workload from other productions. Andrew bought a Perry B3 at a show recently so there must have been a tent there.
That's bad news about the M444 then, seems they're spending more and more time on the motorcycle range which is not good for the flight jacket development but I guess the Japanese are buying all that biker stuff and making them money...oh well :(

johnwayne

Hi Paul
I took a trip to Folkestone for War & Peace and Eastman's weren't there - think Roughwear/Andrew said elsewhere that ELC now only go to FL at Duxford in July! As to War & Peace it was pretty good - saw a few A2s mainly small size originals and a few rubbish repros too but interestingly one German owned ( I think) stall holder had 3 Luftwaffe jackets, all quite different with one pretty awful shearling style but, all looked pretty convincing!! High prices too around 2k euros!! Some great deactivated weapons if your into that kind of thing and a lot of Ford Willys jeeps for sale
Also some of the re-enactors were pretty damn convincing-mostly German SS but some nice WW1 too.

Cheers
Wayne

havocpaul

They advertised as being at War and Peace on their website but usually they only have a small stall and not the large marquee as at Duxford.

johnwayne

Must admit it was a hot day on the Thursday I went and quite a trek to get around it all but I thought I saw most there although like I say, there were so many stalls/exhibitors.
It's actually a very good day and incredible how many come over from France, Holland, Belgium and particularly Germany (where much of what they are playing at or selling is banned! One stall had loads of original Nazi stuff and every swastika had a label over it)!! A good day nonetheless, spent with a mate who like me is very into all things military etc., he even bought a rather convincing WW1 pickelhaube for £100 whereas an original could be £800 or more.
Anyone reading this too and into repro gear ought the check out Soldier of Fortune - www.sofmilitary.co.uk - their 'crushers' were rubbish though!!!
Cheers
Wayne

foster

Eastman were at War & Peace. Their tent location has been in an area that could be missed if you did not know where to find it. It wasn't too far from SoF, but is easily missed with so many other stalls around. It is in the field furthest back from the Westenhanger train station.

johnwayne

Ah ha, I stand corrected! Sorry I missed them but it's not like I need another jacket!!
Cheers
wayne

Roughwear

havocpaul said:
I see no one reported any news from visiting Eastman's stall at either Flying Legends or War and Peace. Did anyone see anything new (like the elusive M-444!) or anything else? My friend who also stalled at Duxford said they seemed packed out and busy on the Sunday.

Paul,

I had a long chat with Gary and did post about my visit to his mobile shop here.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16421&start=20

havocpaul

Thank you Andrew, hadn't followed that Duxford post all the way through! Good to hear he is adding some new flight jackets albeit more A-2's. I met someone else who tried to find him at War and Peace and couldn't which isn't good for business if his pitch was not well sighted.