• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EASTMAN AT 910.00 WORTH IT ?

ausreenactor

Not silly at all.....

I have seen the feedbacks left and then the new buyer relist the item for sale in a matter of days,
using the seller's own pics. I just call it as i see it, and have seen it before..

The guy who bought it will never recoup his outlay, and that is not a good foray into the repro jacket
market..

Lucky seller!!

Couchy

ausreenactor

m444uk said:
ausreenactor said:
A snipe gone awry and the 14 bidder will not pay.
This has ruined an auction. I had a similar thing with my ELC Trial Warhorse. It went for
over $900 and the bidder never paid after I said I was shipping Registered at my expense.
Unfortunately we cant dive into their pockets. I feel for the seller.

Couchy

Well, the winner did pay and you look rather silly calling Grant's auction ruined !

And in the world of eBay and MILLIONS of users, what are the odds of a buyer with an ID
of 26bearcat buying from a seller 13invader? Bidder must have loved the item so much he
went the twodigits, doubled it, then picked another plane?

Couchy

You have a VERY interesting point and a very astute observation! The buyer's history is a little peculiar in that the account has been around since 2009, but the only transactions on it have been within less than the last 12 months. Coincidence or not? It's a bit like a good conspiracy movie script. Anyways, if I HAD won there would have been real dollars transferred and I'm sure I would have been disappointed and felt that I had overpaid! Saved by the bell, so to speak! :D

m444uk

ausreenactor said:
Not silly at all.....

I have seen the feedbacks left and then the new buyer relist the item for sale in a matter of days,
using the seller's own pics. I just call it as i see it, and have seen it before..

The guy who bought it will never recoup his outlay, and that is not a good foray into the repro jacket
market..

Lucky seller!!

Couchy

Jeeze, talk about denial. You said you felt for the seller, his auction had been ruined. (The seller being a long term member here in good standing.) Now you say lucky seller.
Are you implying shill bidding ?

m444uk

ausreenactor said:
Just calling it as I, and anyone who knows eBay, would see it...
;)

Couchy

I ran a business on ebay selling high end watches for six years. I think I know what's what there :p

ausreenactor

13invader/26bearcat?

Does not get you thinking at all..?

I put in that I thought the seller did well...then I took a look at the feedback(s)..

And I think that both the seller and buyer feedbacks went with the CAPS LOCK too?

I know I will contact the buyer and ask! No harm in that!

Couchy

Before reading your observations I already contacted the buyer to say that he should give me a shout if he should ever want to sell or trade for the jacket. I haven't heard back yet though. Given your theories, I wonder if I will....

ButteMT61

I'm with you Couchy. One can pretend all is well and dandy on eBay, but I've seen and been part of scams before. That's why I use Paypal - they've covered my the handful of times I had a jerk off buyer.

ausreenactor

Interesting the seller logged in after all these posts, but elected not to comment?

GrantLogIn.jpg

:? :? :?

Prices certainly to be on a mini rebound. Selling seems to take 10x the amount of work that buying does, so it seems to be a good habit to establish a routine of clearing out one's closets on an ongoing and regular basis. My first few years of collecting were "buy" only and that's not a wholly healthy way to approach this hobby.

In all fairness, I am certainly not accusing anybody of any wrong doing, and certainly not Grant, but it has been interesting contemplating some of the viewpoints shared in this thread so far.

Jeff M

ausreenactor said:
Not silly at all.....

market..

Lucky seller!!

Couchy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 721wt_1417

Well, SOMEBODY is re-selling it.

A

Anonymous

Different seller than the one that purchased. I went into feedback on the original seller.

Jeff M

The original buyer on this auction, 26bearcat, subsequently purchased a used ELC A2 for 255 GBP.
Guess he's getting more of a handle on the used repro ELC A2 market. :lol:

I have to say, I do agree with with Couchy about the original auction's seller and buyer names coincidence.
I mean, come on, seller is 13invader, buyer is 26bearcat?
What's the chance? :roll:

ausreenactor

Jeff M said:
ausreenactor said:
Not silly at all.....

market..

Lucky seller!!

Couchy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 721wt_1417

Well, SOMEBODY is re-selling it.

I suppose if you burn your forum and eBay bridges the only way out is via a trade, or call in a favor? It SHOULD fetch $650. I contemplated a bid; however, I heard '52stratofortress' was keen also. ;) Did not want to get into a bidding war.. :p

Looks like the original seller stopped by to read the posts too... ;)

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66

No comment once again..

Couchy

ButteMT61

I can't follow this well, but I have sold items on eBay using the pics of the auction I acquired it with. As long as there is no funny business with the auction, should be no issue.
I have bought items and resold using the original pics if they were really good and the item was unchanged from my purchase. I there more going on here??

Jeff M

A used ELC selling for more than the price of a new one.
Similarities between the original sellers and buyers eBay names.
Now the jacket is back up for sale...

ButteMT61 said:
.... I(s) there more going on here??

That's the question.
Or, at least deserving of the question.