• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman / Aero price gouging on overseas sales

John Lever

My post was off topic.
I was trying to say that this place has changed so much that many the regulars have left or are leaving, Asiamiles,Havocpaul, Bristolherc and others. I think it would be fair to say that they think it has become narrow minded un friendly and intimidating.

As to Goodwear, yes JC does make the best A 2's ever and he's a great bloke but can we sometimes have just a little balance and space for others?
Promise this the last post from me on this subject.

Dr H

John Lever said:
As to Goodwear, yes JC does make the best A 2's ever and he's a great bloke but can we sometimes have just a little balance and space for others?

I get the same feeling when I read innumerable, laudatory/blindly worshipful posts about Aero on FL, but then I don't visit there that often.

And I'm a curmudgeonly sod...

Roughwear

John, Havocpaul still posts, but perhaps not as much as he used to and visited today. His last post was only yesterday.

Jeff M

And Bristolherc posted Sept 7. If you look at his posting history he posts a bit,,,then disappears for months on end.
Asiamiles hasn't been here since February.

Vcruiser

Dr H said:
John Lever said:

I get the same feeling when I read innumerable, laudatory/blindly worshipful posts about Aero on FL, but then I don't visit there that often.

And I'm a curmudgeonly sod...

Guess it is according to how one 'looks' at it.
I don't 'see' *blind* Aero worship on the FL.
What I do see is that Aero offers unique hides and services for their civvy utility jackets that no other company seems to be willing to do. Thus some find Aero just frankly overall hard to beat. Then there are those who resent others joy of posting pics of everything/anything Aero...and just don't get it..or even care to...usually because their interests are elsewhere.

Dr H

You're right Van, it is a matter of perspective, although it's not a matter of being a killjoy (I'm happy to see others happily posting their latest Aero jackets), but the comments are often pretty OTT.

And, as I said, I'm a curmudgeonly sod... ;)

Peter Graham

John Lever said:
I was trying to say that this place has changed so much that many the regulars have left or are leaving, Asiamiles,Havocpaul, Bristolherc and others.
Miles still visits but no longer posts, for his own reasons. Paul is still around and Bristolherc no longer posts, probably because of an overtly racist remark he made, which he was called on my my good friend Rich, who no longer posts because he was sickened by that whole Irvin business involving Jonny and some fantasy consortium that doesn't exist.

nogbat

its still interesting and can be a laugh.. i know kate and wills dont post on the site anymore .but come on boys its fun ;) ;)

ausreenactor

ausreenactor said:
What is the import tax and VAT on a brand new Good Wear shipped from the maker to the UK? On a value of say $1000 flat?

Couchy

I was surprised not to get a response to this one? Surely everybody in the UK who has bought a new GW has paid the VAT and import duties on it? Or are they undervalued in order to avoid the VAT? Surely not...

Couchy

Vcruiser

Hell..in some places..anything/everything is racist anymore. The occassional quip...trip...is just part of personalities and life on a forum. We've even made it through a few domineering personalities that professed daily insults of elitism that finally steered their uncontrollable spasms into self banishment. I think we've only voted one off the island...let him return..then he cussed everyone out...jumped on his raft...and sailed into the sunset all by his lonesome.
Things do change. Forums change. Ours changed drastically a few years ago. A new crew. Not everyone liked it. Some left after a few challenges. Others became less involved and disinterested.
Maybe that is better than the same ole guard running the show. Who knows?
After a while..you've heard/seen the same old questions...arguments...photos...experts..misinformation and opinions.
Then it's time for something new. Maybe that means a good overly long thread of all out WAR...unless JC comes pops up with another new super jacket..or ELC finds a lost herd of WW2 sheep in a hidden vally somewhere at the end of the rainbow(ready for delivery).

Jeff M

ausreenactor said:
Jeff M said:
Deleted, Tired of hitting my head against the wall.

You have been banging it against the same wall across three or four different threads, you must be tired! ;)

Guess you should know..you've been following me. :lol:
Because everytime I say "enough" I'm stupid enough to let some comment suck me back in.

Jeff M

Vcruiser said:
Hell..in some places..anything/everything is racist anymore. The occassional quip...trip...is just part of personalities and life on a forum. We've even made it through a few domineering personalities that professed daily insults of elitism that finally steered their uncontrollable spasms into self banishment. I think we've only voted one off the island...let him return..then he cussed everyone out...jumped on his raft...and sailed into the sunset all by his lonesome.
Things do change. Forums change. Ours changed drastically a few years ago. A new crew. Not everyone liked it. Some left after a few challenges. Others became less involved and disinterested.
Maybe that is better than the same ole guard running the show. Who knows?
After a while..you've heard/seen the same old questions...arguments...photos...experts..misinformation and opinions.
Then it's time for something new. Maybe that means a good overly long thread of all out WAR...unless JC comes pops up with another new super jacket..or ELC finds a lost herd of WW2 sheep in a hidden vally somewhere at the end of the rainbow(ready for delivery).

Yep.
About 10 years ago I joined a forum dedicated to my other interest...acoustic guitars.
I was one of the first members to join..the forum has, last I checked, passed 69,000 members.
Posted a ton there for years and years.
One day I just got tired of the same old questions/discussions/arguments, and found I didn't visit any more.
Sometimes it's just time to move on and let others carry on the never ending palaver.

Vcruiser

ausreenactor said:
ausreenactor said:
What is the import tax and VAT on a brand new Good Wear shipped from the maker to the UK? On a value of say $1000 flat?

Couchy

I was surprised not to get a response to this one? Surely everybody in the UK who has bought a new GW has paid the VAT and import duties on it? Or are they undervalued in order to avoid the VAT? Surely not...

Couchy

Jeesh
How in the world does that have anything to do with what the terrible 3 were bitching about? I swear..there seems to be a mental block across the Atlantic. There is absolutely no reason to debate it..! :shock: :?
Van

ausreenactor

Jeff M said:
ausreenactor said:
Jeff M said:
Deleted, Tired of hitting my head against the wall.

You have been banging it against the same wall across three or four different threads, you must be tired! ;)

Guess you should know..you've been following me. :lol:
Because everytime I say "enough" I'm stupid enough to let some comment suck me back in.

In 45 pages I think I have weighed in three times. When I posted last night to verify the VAT and import duties on a new GW shipped to the UK I received nothing in response. Surely buyers factor in the import cost on top of the purchase price of a GW? As I am certain they are shipped at full value. I just want to get the facts...not speculate.. I elected not get too involved as I am not concerned about paying what the hyperlink states. I never even thought about VAT until the post. I switched off as it eventually became more about personality clashes than facts. When it came up again (not by my doing) I thought I would clarify one or two things. Given the lack of responses to my 'RFI' I can only make two 'assumptions'. And I will not air them unless I eventually get some factual responses to my post. :cool:

My post did contain the word VAT, which relates entirely to the source of the 'debate'. Since we had the VAT experts all 'eyes on' this post I thought I would have been comprehensively briefed on the process. IF, I say again IF, the jackets are shipped to UK and undervalued then shipper and addressee are doing the wrong thing. If it reduces the financial burden on a UK buyer by doing so, then it could be seen as a business practice to increase sales to the UK? I feel then some criticism could be directed at anyone posting here who does so. In Australia we have a $1000 import threshold so the matter does not concern me, or any of us Australians. We are in such good shape we don't need to rort our populous! ;) . Just attempting to highlight any hypocrisy, if any is going on... I won't say it will be my last post as there will be some who feel personally attacked by anything or everything above. My alternative could be to just type in 'whatevs... :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :( :( :eek: :eek: , as appears to be the standard for debate topics these days...

Couchy

Vcruiser

BRITS ARE OBLIGATED TO PAY VAT. THEY PAY IT IN THE PRICE OF ELC/AERO JACKETS...WHO IN TURN PAY IT TO THE GOVERNMENT WHO REQUIRES IT.
U.S. BUYERS ARE NOT REQIRED TO PAY VAT TO THE BRIT GOVERNMENT..ALTHOUGH ELC/AERO CHARGE U.S. BUYERS THE SAME PRICE AS BRIT BUYERS. SINCE U.S. DOESN'T PAY VAT..THAT MONEY GOES INTO ELC/AERO'S POCKET.
THE TERRIBLE 3 ARE COMPLAINING THAT..HOW COULD THAT BE FAIR?

OF COURSE BRIT BUYERS PAY VAT ON GOODWEAR JACKETS. IT IS REQUIRED BY THEIR GOVERNMENT AFTER IT ENTERS 'THEIR' COUNTRY.

DONE

ausreenactor

Vcruiser said:
OF COURSE BRIT BUYERS PAY VAT ON GOODWEAR JACKETS. IT IS REQUIRED BY THEIR GOVERNMENT AFTER IT ENTERS 'THEIR' COUNTRY.

DONE

That is what I want to verify. How much people are paying. Did you not read the post?

Couchy

Vcruiser

ausreenactor said:
Vcruiser said:

DONE

That is what I want to verify. How much people are paying. Did you not read the post?

Couchy

Of course I read it...but why would you think that GoodWear would subtract the Brit VAT from his price? He has nothing to do with the tax that the Brit Government requires it's citizens to pay.