Eastman A-1

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Grant, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Persimmon

Persimmon Well-Known Member

I think we always think A1’s were in Cape but it is believed other Leather was used.
    On the Aero website to discuss their A1 offering it is stated that A1’s were made way back then in Goat.
    Ken knows more than I could ever learn so happy to stand by that comment.
    Indeed both styles are copied from originals The original Eastman offering was made after Gary bought an original. I seem to recall that jacket was sold on to John at Goodwear. ( I may be wrong on that last part - my main focus over the last few years has been on my motorcycles )

johnwayne likes this.
  2. M3Cavalry

M3Cavalry Member

Making me want an A-1. Looks great.

3. Jonesy86

Jonesy86 Member

Funny.....after tons of research, many jackets purchased, and more than a year out I am still looking at A-1s. Eastman still looks like a great jacket. :)

Anyone have a 44L they want to pass on?

4. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

It's good to have one. There are some exotics around but the Eastman is hard to beat.

5. Jonesy86

Jonesy86 Member

I bet the A-1 Grant posted looks even better now. Anyone having trouble hanging onto a 44L let me know.
    :)
    Peace

6. Peter Graham

Peter Graham Well-Known Member

Very nice Grant. I like a person who isn't too precious about their jackets. I must get an A-1 someday.

7. Dr H

Dr H Well-Known Member

Came close to offering my .50 cal A-1 last week (a 44), but John L wisely counselled me against.
    It’s such a good fit that I really should keep hold of it.

John Lever likes this.