• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman '37 HLB, unpatched? Not so fast...

zoomer

I just wrote ELC about the possibility of ordering the upcoming 1937 HLB A-2, an Elite Unit edition patched to the 75th FG - but without insignia.

They replied that the design is only being done in "re-dye shade" seal at present. A plain HLB would have to be the color of their 1933 Werber, and there are no plans to do one...apparently, not even on custom order!

Roughwear

This is a great shame as I'm sure there would be a demand for an unadorned 1937 HLB Corp A2. Originally these jackets were a caramel colour so the 1933 Werber hide would be ok. The Elite unit version is not to everybody's taste and is outside most peoples' price range!

Roughwear

1937 in a box would sell as well as 1942 in box if JC makes a repro of this jacket. It is one of the few gaps in his product range.

Silver Surfer

i went through this with gary. it is my understanding that if he offers the hlb sans patch, it will be in the seal color. frankly, i think that is just plain bad business. anyone i have spoken to about the hlb, to a person, said they would buy one if it was light russet.....like originals. gary is gary, ya know.

Silver Surfer

yeah, i knew a gal some years ago, and her nick name was patches. so when she want to do that strange and special thing...it was, "no patches"

zoomer

Silver Surfer said:
i went through this with gary. it is my understanding that if he offers the hlb sans patch, it will be in the seal color. frankly, i think that is just plain bad business.
If Gary is telling one person one thing and someone else at ELC is telling me another, why yes, that is at least bad PR. Which can sometimes be SOP if you're a small outfit, but rarely is it good business.