• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duxford Airshow 11th 12th July. Now there's a good Idea!

rich

I meant to ask - did the ground crew of the FW190 forget to slide back the step-up, or did this aircraft always fly with it like that? Or am I being extra dense and is it something else altogether?

You guys look great lined up in your A2's, I was too busy fooling around to pay you the compliment.

Cliff

Many thanks to you all for posting the pics that were taken of the "Horseman" that met up on Saturday. For some reason I forgot to take any pictures of us all using my camera so am have taken copies of the ones you all took. Just to echo the thoughts of the others here who met up. I believe we all had a really great day out and a memorable "meet" .

and several beers were had ......................

037-1.jpg

better duck

art of a2 said:
Did anyone get pictures of the Nurse and the USO girl their out fits were really good?...
Yep, I did. I'll post tomorrow!
Did you hear their "first person stories" as they call them? great stuff!
Funny thing that they remarked upon is that in the States the public are asking the reenactors about their stories all the time, while over here in Europe nobody asks a thing. Probably because the public over here hasn't got a clue that there is a story to be told by them.

shiloh

Roughwear said:
Thanks. It's an original size 42 David D Doniger, having its first outing to Duxford. ;)

Here's a close up of the label kindly taken by Carlo.

CSC_0515.jpg

Andrew,

Just amazing how it looks after 65-68 years. Looks like a brandnew tag. GREAT!!

Shiloh

wop54

better duck said:
art of a2 said:
Did anyone get pictures of the Nurse and the USO girl their out fits were really good?...

As promised:

IMG_5150.jpg
Peter,
I tried to give to your pic a bit of a 40's patina... not sure the result is good enough tho :oops:
very old
Filmdepocamoltovecchi_0001-1.jpg

old
Colorazioneseppia_0001-1.jpg

better duck

wop54 said:
I tried to give to your pic a bit of a 40's patina... not sure the result is good enough tho
old
Colorazioneseppia_0001-1.jpg

Wow, you know, I was wondering about how to get rid of the F15 on the background, you did it!
Great!

better duck

Tim P said:
any pics of the 'little patches' series?

Aye aye sir!

Little Patches (four out of ten), Home James and Miss Minookie on a row:
IMG_5131.jpg

And, while I'm at it, typical crowding at Eastmans Stall, eh, excuse me, "The Quartermaster Depot":

IMG_5142.jpg

Some Hangar Flying, VLJ style:

IMG_5136.jpg

While at the same time this was going on in the air over Duxford: seven Spits in the air, beating up the airfield:

IMG_5137.jpg