• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duxford Airshow 11th 12th July. Now there's a good Idea!

art of a2

I'm confident this won't be necessary. Tim, Better duck, and Roughwear will be there in attendance as I hope will many others. If you are in this part of the world around this time: give it bash!. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. 12.30 mid days sounds good. Just hope that the weather will be good and ELC stall is pitched near to beer tent. an taste the first one now!

better duck

Tim P said:
I will remember you. No worries. when two are more are gathered in the name of leather.....

You think we three (Robin included) will constitute "critical mass" to ignite the gathering of VLJers? :D

Roughwear

better duck said:
Tim P said:
I will remember you. No worries. when two are more are gathered in the name of leather.....

You think we three (Robin included) will constitute "critical mass" to ignite the gathering of VLJers? :D

The more the better! I think Paul will be there selling books. I hope ELC show up to this air show.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
I hope ELC show up to this air show.

I guess they'll be there, the dates are up on their bulletin board .... along with an apology for failing to attend in May.

art of a2

Roughwear said:
better duck said:
Tim P said:

The more the better! I think Paul will be there selling books. I hope ELC show up to this air show.

I suppose you could say. The more the better.. 'Duck'. Oh please!

art of a2

Things are warming up quite literally round here. If the weather on the 11th & 12th is anything like this then A-2's would definately be overkill.

Any last minute 'takers' for the VLJ event of the year. Anyone looking on the long range weather forecast for Duxford or am I getting too impatient..I hope so?

Roughwear

art of a2 said:
Things are warming up quite literally round here. If the weather on the 11th & 12th is anything like this then A-2's would definately be overkill.

Any last minute 'takers' for the VLJ event of the year. Anyone looking on the long range weather forecast for Duxford or am I getting too impatient..I hope so?

The Met Office monthly forecast is for cooler weather next week, but hotter than the seasonal average. So it might not be too hot for an A2 at Duxford, especially if there is a breeze blowing across the airfield.

art of a2

Roughwear said:
art of a2 said:

The Met Office monthly forecast is for cooler weather next week, but hotter than the seasonal average. So it might not be too hot for an A2 at Duxford, especially if there is a breeze blowing across the airfield.

A warm Scirocco perhaps?

better duck

Well gents,
I'm on my way to the UK today! Leaving in about an hour to ride to IJmuiden, to take the ferry to Newcastle. First a bit of touring Scotland, then take a lot of B-roads (and therefore time, but very well spent) back to London, planning to arrive there on Thursday evening. Then a London day, and, to top it of, Saturday to Duxford! See you there. (I did pack my VLJ logo on A4 format!)

Roughwear

Have a safe crossing Peter. I hope you enjoy Scotland. Whereabouts are you going in Scotland? We are off the Scotalnd for two weeks at the end of the month. Looking forward to meeting you at Duxford next Saturday.

Roughwear

art of a2 said:
Roughwear said:
art of a2 said:

A warm Scirocco perhaps?

The latest forecast is for heavy cloud and showers, so who will be wearing rain macs rather than A2s!
:lol:

havocpaul

And strong winds on Sunday....not great and I'll be chasing our stall down the runway no doubt! I'm off to Glasgow first thing Tuesday morning to see the Boss...a very hectic few days coming up!

Tim P

Just been tipped the nod that we have a display area allocated behind the American air museum. Stop by.

art of a2

Might just do that Tim.. should be reasonable weather Saturday so its an early start for me. See you there folks..

Roughwear

The "official" VLJ meet-up took place outside the ELC mobile shop yesterday.

001-26.jpg

From left to right Cliff, Peter (Better duck), Andrew (Roughwear), Carlo (wop54) and Robin (art of a2. Tim is just out of the shot. Anyone like to identify the jackets?

There was a great line up at the air show this year, with an impressive array of Spitfires, Hurricanes and Mustangs. The three B25s taking off together was an amazing sight. The Horsemen were awesome. One of my favourites was the replica FW 190, which flew twice during the afternoon and is the first time one has flown at Duxford for many years.

007-31.jpg

008-35.jpg

003-34.jpg

Andrew

Ahh, a real airshow, i'd go nuts running around filming and photographing so it's probably a good thing we only do little ones here. Bet you all had a great time.

Nice shot, must have been a bit strange meeting up- bit like celeb spotting I guess. Peter, don't really think you needed that sign, looks like you 4 were the only jacket nutters there in the middle of ( :shock: ) summer.... :)

A real FW-190, what a sight and sound. Lucky buggars is all I can say.

jack aranda

You guys look great! It's so cool to see a group of VLJ'ers together. And the airshow looks awesome! Thanks for the pics.

Roughwear

It was a great airshow, Andrew. It ended with 18 WW2 fighters and 3 B25 bombers flying over with a few breaking off each time they flew over. There were plenty of A2s around yesterday as the weather was not espcially hot, around 20 degrees c. I didn't see any fleece jackets, but the odd B-10. Some of us had met before at previous airshows, but I hadn't met Peter or Carlo before. People crowded round us jacket nuts whilst the photos were being taken!