• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duxford Airshow 11th 12th July. Now there's a good Idea!

art of a2

The U.K. Air show season is imminent. apparently Better Duck has indicated that he will be in attendance, so will I. Tim, Roughwear how about a meet up and paw over the jackets at the Eastman leather stall?. I hope to be there probably on Saturday. Are there any other VJL'ers who would like to take advantage of this informal invitation? Last years meet was good we met out side Eastman's got a few beers in! If we can get interest together this year could be even better. What say you?

havocpaul

I'll be there friday afternoon, Sat and Sun working on my mate's stall up near the American Museum...Falconwood Books...always get away to say 'hi' to Gary.

johnwayne

Falconwood Books - The Green, Welling Kent! Spent time and money in there I have!
Yep I'll be at Legends in July - prob the Sat which I think tends to be little less crowded than the Sunday - check out nearer the date what time you'll all be there - must say I tend to find it a tad warm to wear an A2 all day but let's see come July. Normally hate hanging around the ELC tent too long out of fear I'll see something I can't have or it'll cost me too much!!

better duck

As already mentioned by Robin, I'll be there too on the Saturday. Very much looking forward to it again! Last year the pint with Tim and Robin tasted ever so good, taking cover behind a van for a 5 minute shower and shielding our beers from the sudden downpour. Loved it. That was when I handed over my ELC Star for artwork to Robin. So what will happen this year?....

Curahee

Maybe you will meet Mr. Makumbe aka Rothenhan aka Jeff, would love to see him there buying one those damn Eastman
jackets ;) (also see photo section > Duxford pics)

Andrew

If it wasn't 16,340.89km (according to Google Earth) to get there i'd be there in a flash. Strange as it seems in a straight line i'd be making my final approach in from a north easterly direction in a line which takes me directly over PNG, Nanjing, just south of Ulaanbataar (always wanted to go there), lots of Russia and Helsinki.

Please post lots of pics.

art of a2

O.k. I'm getting quite excited now. Hope the weather holds. Is it still 12.30 mid day and is the venue still outside the Eastman leather stall. Hope that means its near to a beer stall! Are there any more takers for the Saturday??

Tim P

I may sport my russet ELC with yellow lining and red knits from yesteryear that is not an Aero.

Roughwear

Tim P said:
I may sport my russet ELC with yellow lining and red knits from yesteryear that is not an Aero.

I am looking forward to seeing it Tim. Let's hope the weather is not too hot or wet.

art of a2

Tim, can I appoint you monitor of activities (MOA) for both days and thus attendance will need to be varified. Perhaps a clip board so that all attendees will have to sign and prove attendance of this Inaugural event..Vintage flying aircraft, A-2 jackets friendship oh and not forgetting beer..how can I/we miss?

Roughwear

art of a2 said:
O.k. I'm getting quite excited now. Hope the weather holds. Is it still 12.30 mid day and is the venue still outside the Eastman leather stall. Hope that means its near to a beer stall! Are there any more takers for the Saturday??

12.30 is fine outside the ELC mobile shop. Lets hope its a dry FL this year.

dujardin

hmmmmmmmmm really tempted....
i will exchange mail with Peter (better duck) and see if there are some arrangments possible.
i keep you informed

byee marcel

better duck

Roughwear said:
12.30 is fine outside the ELC mobile shop.

How will we recognise each other??? The year before last I spotted noone, last year Robin and Tim found me. That was all. Both years I accosted several people who were in my estimation, candidates for being members of our secret little brotherhood (based on undoubtedly psychologically unsound ideas of what a VLJer would look like) and asked them if they might be there for the meeting of VLJ members....?? Their reactions varied from baffled and slightly amused to the reaction one might get to an indecent proposal.
A2s, Patches, Jacketart, Flighters, Pinks, They are galore at Duxford and around ELCs.

Lo and behold: when typing this, I looked at the "Vintage Leather Jackets" logo at the top of our forum pages, and tried to save it and then print it: it worked perfectly!! So I'll be carrying a paper copy of our VLJ "logo" !!