• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dubow zipper pull

Pa12

Anyone know what sort of leather pull was on the original Dubow? My Platon came without one so I’d like to build one

B-Man2

I’m a little out of my lane on this but , I think the original A2 jackets didn’t always come with a leather zipper pull . If needed you can simply take a strip of similar tinted leather and cut one to size . So start to save different samples of horsehide and goat hide and make your own pulls . Several here do that and it looks pretty good .

Silver Surfer

I like to cut a strip of matching hide to about 10”-11”x appx 1/4”, and soak it well (shrinks a little and tightens up when dry), tie it through the puller as usual, and than knot the bottom. It ends up 3”-4” in length. The knotted bottom makes a sure grip when wearing gloves, and makes operating the puller very smooth and easy. Looks cool, too.

Pa12

I’ve seen a couple with leather lace as well. When I read the description on acme depot I was surprised when he said dubows run longer then most. Certainly not the Platon version. Shorter if anything.

Pa12

I like to cut a strip of matching hide to about 10”-11”x appx 1/4”, and soak it well (shrinks a little and tightens up when dry), tie it through the puller as usual, and than knot the bottom. It ends up 3”-4” in length. The knotted bottom makes a sure grip when wearing gloves, and makes operating the puller very smooth and easy. Looks cool, too.
And that really is the problem. Trying to get a hold of the little bastard wearing gloves.