• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dubow A2 question

Skip

Just curious. We know the 1755 contract used Dark Seal HH with Dull berry knits, did any of the 3 other Dubow contracts use the same Dark Seal and Berry knit combo?

jeremiah

I love the combo of color. My BK Dubow has the mid brown knits but it’s also the russet color.
Most Dubow I have seen have been more seal with the berry knits like you say.

I have the Gary Eastman book which shows some contacts have the russet and mid brown knits.

Marv

My GW Dubow 20960 has a dark russet hide / knits combo which seems to be consistent from what I have seen.

Silver Surfer

the hide coloration and knit combos for all but the first dubow contract [always lighter russet with mid brown knits] are all over the place. that said, the goat mid contract a-2s that i have seen or owned, always seem to be in a darker russet-seal, with purpleish knits. these darker goat dubows always have lighter under tones, and the inside of the pockets hides are always lighter brown. they never seem to have been over dyed, so i have to think that over time the tanning process somehow made the hides exposed to sun light, darken a bit.

Grant

For what it's worth, my original 27798 goat Dubow is a mid russet color with reddish brown knits. The Good Wear goat 27798 I also own is a dead ringer to the original in color.