• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dubow A-2 Jacket Sz 38

Roughwear

Jaydee said:
Roughwear said:
This is a familiar and very nice Dubow, which I recently sold to the current seller. The Talon zip is a replacement.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0396429869

I thought that may be you Andrew. It is a very nice one. Super soft hide for vintage Horse, especially the arms! Almost goaty soft. Thanks again for the excellent international transaction!
-Jay

I'm glad you like it, but why are you selling it so soon Jay?

Jaydee

I'm glad you like it, but why are you selling it so soon Jay?[/quote]

I thought it might fit because my size ranges between a small to a medium 40. Going by the measurements in the listing, there was a chance. Alas, it is too small. I usually don't hold on to jackets that don't fit. Sure is nice though, someone will be delighted to get this one! I don't know where you got the jacket but I would love to hear about it.
-Jay

Andrew

Jay, just out of interest, considering it sold for 400 quid a month ago what makes you think it'll make almost double now? You might nab that for a 44-46 perhaps but a 38...? Andrew just sold a beautiful sz44 21996 for 445GBP (which was cheap IMO).

Happy fishin' :D

asiamiles

Leadsky said:
Jay, just out of interest, considering it sold for 400 quid a month ago what makes you think it'll make almost double now?

Putting a high BIN may make prospective bidders think the jacket is worth bidding more on than they originally considered. Better that than a too low BIN that someone might have bid higher than. Of course, a mid-range BIN may encourage someone to buy it for perhaps a higher price than if they'd waited and simply bid. You never can tell.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Leadsky said:
Jay, just out of interest, considering it sold for 400 quid a month ago what makes you think it'll make almost double now?

It's at US $199.00 with no reserve, Andrew, so there's just as much chance of a loss.

As Miles explains there are various BIN tactics, so the figure doesn't necessarily reflect the seller's expectations.