• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dreamers

Roughwear

I guess he must have revised the listing as it does say "1987 replica" (or perhaps it should read 1978), but not the price-$2k!!!! :roll:

Persimmon

joeson said:
There is the option of making him an offer............$25 seems fair.

The detailed map of France is surely worth that.

And very useful if you are in the middle of Russia !

dmar836

That type of story has been used before. Perhaps it is true but people have been caught adding such "provenance" before. I do find it interesting that his user name contains "WWII treasures" implying he collects and/or sells such items. Either way, disposing of your father's gear when you collect or deal is sure a low thing.
All of his items are nice but are all 4+ times what things are going for. Perhaps he is pricing according to sentimental value?

Dave

dmar836

287294.jpg

Remember the "Mother dying, sister pregnant" bit from M*A*S*H?

Best show ever BTW!

wop54

dmar836 said:
287294.jpg

Remember the "Mother dying, sister pregnant" bit from M*A*S*H?

Best show ever BTW!
I found this on the internet and wanted to share.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This came from the episode Mail Call - in Season 2!  It is one of the funniest episodes, and the first of three mail call episodes.

The quote goes like this...

Henry (pulling out Klinger's file): Here we go. Father dying, right?

Klinger: Yes, sir.

Henry (going through letters in Klinger's file): Father dying, last year. Mother dying, last year. Mother and father dying. Mother, father and older sister dying. Mother dying and older sister pregnant. Older sister dying and mother pregnant. Younger sister pregnant and older sister dying. Here's an oldie but a goodie: half of the family dying, other half pregnant. (puts file down) Klinger aren't you ashamed of yourself?

Klinger: Yes sir. I don't deserve to be in the Army.

Roughwear

This one is another long term Ebay resident. Perhaps the seller's partner has told him to sell his jacket and the high price is a way to ensure he keeps it. :lol: