• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone actually pay these prices ???

442RCT

This eBay store has several jackets for $3700 and on down. What I don't understand is they're asking $ 250 for a Cooper A-2, which are pretty plentiful on eBay for around $ 100.00. I looked at the label of one they have advertised as a WWII Cooper and saw "IAF" on the label, maybe 'Israeli Air Force'?

I'm not a sophisticated collector, so am I missing something here ?

http://stores.ebay.com/Flyboy-Plus-Avia ... idZ2QQtZkm

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
What I don't understand is they're asking $ 250 for a Cooper A-2, which are pretty plentiful on eBay for around $ 100.00.

Oh, aviationetc ... he's been discussed on the forum, in the past. Apparently he can afford to wait for the top prices.

The Cooper A-2's ... sometimes around $100, but now that you can no longer buy them new, good examples can fetch more. And Aviationetc has a good selection of larger sizes, so there's no searching, and waiting.

Weasel_Loader

He actually bought my size 44 original B-15D that I had. He did get a great deal and I'm sure it was for resale since he already has two mint B-15Ds in size 44 and 46 which he sells for $1000 and $1500. :roll:

Roughwear

If you look at his feedback most of his items sell for well under $50 and he has not sold one of his "bargain" original Wartime A2s this year. One Cooper sold for £250, with plenty more waiting patiently for a buyer!

Weasel_Loader said:
He actually bought my size 44 original B-15D that I had. He did get a great deal and I'm sure it was for resale since he already has two mint B-15Ds in size 44 and 46 which he sells for $1000 and $1500. :roll:

On ocassion he may get some great deals, but I've also seen him pay thru the nose for original A-2's as well. I was one of several who got in a bidding war with him for a size 42 Pookie and he ended up paying more than a premium for it. He seems to have deep pockets and all the time in the world to sell his "bargain" originals.

stubbyeighth