• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dobbs MA-1

oose

Hi All,
Just picked up a nice looking 1958 Dobbs MA-1, I just wanted to know if the postage time from the states had been affected by all the hurricane action in any way or is it back to normal by now? My fingers are crossed with this one, it looks OK, I'll post better shots when it arrives. The Dobbs is one of the MA-1 contracts I've been after for some time, so I'm pleased to get this one at a good price.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EARLY-MA-1-US ... true&rt=nc

All the best
stu

TankBuster

Very nice looking jacket. I used to have that same Dobbs contract/jacket. I personally always have issues with the length of the body on original MA-1 jackets. They are always too short, although the Dobbs was the closest to fitting properly. I hope it fits you perfect!

bebel

Hi Stu,
Great find. I'm happy that you get it. I was going to bid on it but finally not did. I sold a such Dobbs model some years ago to a friend in France.
Franck

oose

Hi all,
I received my Dobbs MA-1 and its in great condition after a little darning and a dry clean it came up in really nice, no patches added apart from some rank bars and plastic name holder. Defiantly a keeper and fills that 50's MA-1 whole in my collection. No fading on this Dobbs unlike the others documented here on the forum. Apologies for the photo as I can't find my camera.

All the best
stu

oose

Hi Jeff,
TankBuster said:
Very nice! Any issues with the length in the body? I really wish I could wear these :(

no issues in length, I'm a size 38 and this medium fits me fine, the Dobbs is a little larger than my 62 Skyline, I recon that I could wear a small in a Dobbs MA-1 and it would be fine as well. I find that the modern repros from Buzz size medium have rather generous arm length by a couple of inches, one reason why I've gone for originals.

Thanks Marcel, you'll need to add another room to your museum for the Cold War! :D

All the best
stu