• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Different contract question for Gordon & Ferguson M-422A

bazelot

What is the difference between those 2 contracts for Gordon and Ferguson?

Contract NO. NXs. 416
Contract NO. NOs. 416 A

I have seen Contract NO. NXs. 416 quite a lot but I have seen this one (Contract NO. NOs. 416 A) only once.
Any insight?

oose

Hi,

Do you mean this one...

http://www.rivet-jp.com/museum/m422/m422a.html

010500151.jpg

010500121.jpg

Its one I found doing some research.

yours stu

oose

Hi,

This is the only one I've come across with the NO 416-A, maybe its a there first contract, a very small one, or a additional contact before the AN-6552 contacts were issued. I'm afraid thats all the guess work I can add!

yours stu

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bazelot said:
Any idea why G&F had 2 different types of contract?

Other contracts at that time also had the dual numbers. I don't think there was any variation to the specs.

It looks to be administrative, like the change from DSA to DLA. Both the NXS, and NOS abbreviations are contracts for BuSandA (Bureau of Supplies and Accounts).

And yes, maybe the A suffixes were extensions increasing the quantities.

Peter Graham

Hi Tom, a few years ago I had a really nice 416- A. It was a size 40 and just too big for me. Nicest mouton I've ever seen. I think a forum member in Australia has it now.
m422a007.jpg

m422a004.jpg

m422a002-1.jpg

m422a001-1.jpg

bazelot

Beautiful jacket Peter. Hard to find a M-422A in that condition especially the cuffs and the lining.