• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Differences between contracts

Almagnifico

Hello,
I nearly have a Bill Kelso A2 jacket Rough Wear 27752 contract.
I really like this jacket and Andy is very patient.

I would like to understand and knowing differences between all the A2 contracts.

I know that I will have the Rough Wear 27752 contract because Andy say that to me, but I don't know what are the specific of this jacket.
If you have some pictures to, I am very interested in.
Sorry, I don't speak english as well as you bt I hope you are understand what I written.

Almagnifico

Stef

Hi,

If you went to GW website , and Acme depot Website, as suggested in the last posts, you can also consider to buy the CDrom released by John Chapman (owner of Good wear). It presents many orignial WW2 contract and repro pics, with explanations about pattern details and specificities. It's not only about A2s, but also B3, D1, and navy jackets like G1, ect.
--> URL: http://home.comcast.net/~jchapman2004/ebay.html

about BK, try those threads:
-URL: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9348
pic of the guy in a garden with a black cap : he is wearing a BK house model (a house model is not a particular WW2 contract repro, it is a "free interpreted A2". Eastman has one, GW does not. BK dropped his one for a Rough wear 27752 repro). Many pics of the 27752 in Seal and russet are presented later in this thread.
-URL: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11483
this is the new BK repro, of the AERO 18775 contract. BK has not released it yet, but some of us are waiting for it :)
A member has also re-posted some RW27752 pics here.

My opinion :
BK is a really good repro at a very fair price. I own a RW 27752 in seal by BK, and like it very much.
Enjoy yours ;)

Rough Wear A2 :
is a very famous WW2 maker, loved by many ones.
It has a distinctive high collar stand with a very large cresent shape.
it is beautifully described and discussed in this thread, written by a Rough wear addict, + plenty pics and comments.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11245&hilit=mona+lisa&start=0
some do not like this high and large collar and refer to it as the "clown collar", especially when not so well done by some repro makers. just Make your opinion ;)

-------------
Stef

Stef

I can't stop admiring your collection Andrew, this is a thread i'v bookmarked, and often come back to it

----------------
stef

Stef

Almagnifico

If you're quite new on this forum (like Me), you may not know that member Platon is a craftsman at BK...just to mention.

-------------
Stef

Stef

Sorry Platon,

I knew we were involved in the whole thing at BK, but i picked up the wron word :oops:

--------------
stef