• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DiamondDave and the new crusher

fishmeok

Hey Dave- ever think about selling spare parts? I have an original that needs to have the sweatband, cellulose liner, etc. replaced. I do the work on my jackets and gear myself, but it's VERY hard to find good materials.
Cheers
Mark

DiamondDave

Deeb,

Thanks for the heads up on the size chart. It will be another invaluable tool. The budget caps will be posted soon. I have found that most of the collector and re-enactor types have little or no interest if the cap is not made of 100% wool. Thus, I did not stress about getting these lower end items up on the site. This will be remedied soon.

Thanks again
David

RudyN

After reading this thread, looking at the website and talking to Dave I am getting ready to order my Crusher from him this coming week. I just have to make up my mind whether I want the Chocolate or the Pink crusher cap, decisions-decisions. :D

T-Bolt

Rudy,

I think I like the chocolate best......but the pink is nice.....yeah, decisions are tuff! Post a photo of your new crusher after you get it. I might be up for one of them! :cool:

Ted

RudyN

I will be happy to post a picture of it when I get it with me wearing, that is if I am not to scary looking. :D

DiamondDave

Announcement: I have just completed some updates to the website, including a new price!! I will also post some pics, here on the forum, of my latest creations later this week.

DD

DiamondDave

As part of the new updates to my website, I have added this picture "montage". These are pics (except for the original) of the cap that I just finished for Rudy, a member on this forum. As you may also have seen in the details page, I have now included the "budget priced" caps in there as well.

http://www.diamondcapco.com/id74.html

RudyN

Yes, my cap is on the way and I am quite happy! Of course the cap will now probably cost me an addition $800 or so as I will have to get a Good Wear A2 to go with it. :D

rob75IT

I'm awaiting for my crush too!!!!

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

Great looking caps Dave really looking forward to have it in my hands
My compliments for your effort!!!!!!
Roberto

RudyN

Just received my crusher from Diamond Dave today. In a word WOW!. It is great with very good workmanship. It is worth every penny I spent. Pictures will be forthcoming.

better duck

These caps look terrific!
One question comes to mind: were there any rules as to when a pink or an OD cap was worn? Same question has been on my mind regarding shirts and ties as well: when did one where the OD shirt with the pink tie, and when the other way round?

DiamondDave

Peter,

Generally the "Pinks And Greens" were a winter uniform. However they were authorized for wear throughout the year to all personnel stationed in the UK, as it was perpetually cool enough to wear this combo all year. As to the "Pink" cap this was a personal taste issue and was not officially authorized nor frowned upon in theater. Just as "Crush Caps" were worn in theater, many commanding officers frowned on their use once the service man had returned from overseas. The "Pinks" cap would have been a private purchase item just as would the "Pink" Dress shirt. Mostly you saw the Officers wearing their "Khaki" shirts with the blouse simply for ease and comfort as the Khaki was a lighter wool shirt.

DD

ausreenactor

Well!

The postie has been quite tardy getting my Post-Afghanistan buys to me. But today one box arrived that would have seen others go unopened for the rest of the day. Pulled the trusty Gerber box opener out and slashed away. The box is god knows where. Youngest Daughter had the first crack. Pulled it down over her 2YO head. Had no fear, as I knew as soon as I picked the cap up just how robust this thing is. I have had some originals, that I dreaded putting on my head. They are long gone. This will stay for good! Even lashed out on a KG Luke Aussie made Cap badge to adorn the Diamond Flighter and give it an Aussie feel.

I am about to reshower, drag out the Rangoon Shirts and Pinks....time for a photo session. Will list some pics..and post them...

Dave...you have "pulled a homer", hit a home run and all sorts of other cliche's about popping into frame with a product people have been craving for years. Not sure if it will see you top Fortune's list in a hurry, but reward for effort I say. Even wife was impressed, as she has seen the disappointment on my face all too often. Lancaster, unknown name Repros...two daughters....she has seen it...

But surprised her with a grin from ear to ear, and she gave a verbal auth for a pink version in the future...Woo Hoo...

Great work...Now if only they could make beer flavoured nipples...

Couchy...

ausreenactor

Well..

Dragged out the old Pinks trousers and the Rangoon shirt and every jacket I had...here are the most applicable two pics...

DavesHandiworkandELCHouseA-2.jpg

DavesHandiworkandClassAJacket.jpg

Did the warm water soak tonight....hindsight is a wonderful thing. Avoided the brim and leather but the old gal wants to tighten a bit....so will sit up and wait til she dries nice and assures a perfect fit..

Do yourself a favour and grab one...

Couchy

rob75IT

Great looking cap ausreenactor and it fits you perfectly. Dave is a maestro with caps, I will never stop to say that.
When you will have a rainy day put it on and go out for a walk (maybe with your dog). The rain will make the all work and sunk the cap in a "natural way". When wet from the rain take it in the way you do when you put it on or off. That is the point. Smash the leather in that point for few time until it wrinkle a bit. Than touch it with your finger tips more you do more the fat of your hand will mix with water and dust and the leather will get his patina up and down like you would have take the cap hundreds of times. When back hang the cap to the anger and let it dry ( I would put the front of the cap up and the back down). Be sure that it dry far from the heater.
You can be sure that your cap will get a natural used look. If you want more do it again.
I'm looking forward for a rainy day and will do the same with mine.
Good luck.
Roberto