• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diamond Dave "Combat Clone" Aero "Acme" 21996

CBI

So much for nice plans to do a detailed review. No time and my photos/photobucket just didn't work.

Here's a quick pic. Dave did a super job -love it!!!

I was going to get pics of my original 21996 and do a side by side, maybe later. The fit/details compared to the original are spot on. DD is a great option for a authentic repro buy!

Cobblers161

That's a beauty, love the finish!

Is it a size 44" off the shelf? Is so would you mind posting up the measurements?

Ta,

Steve

Persimmon

I like the fit of your new jacket John.
Looking good and the leather ageing is strong.

I guess thats needed given how little you can wear them during the year.

What made you choose DD rather than Goodwear as normal.
Was it the combat clone process, cost, etc ?

Please do post more pictures when you get the chance.

CBI

total luck of the draw. this is the exact jacket:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sa ... _0004.html

the measurements are listed on the link.

I really wanted it but couldn't swing the price at the time.

To my surprise, it showed up on the Fedora Lounge classifieds....the first time I EVER looked at them! Owner was wanting to move it.

The jacket is slightly larger than my usual trim fit but I wanted something roomier to do a bit of layering and just for a different look.

There is a new tailor/alternations person in town who has been doing some nice work for me so she shorted and tapered the sleeves a bit. The sleeves are a 1/2 longer than usual for me but I wanted room for a heavier shirt.

I'm not really buying jackets these days but this is my favorite look for an A-2 and too good to pass up.

I had actually flagged it here thinking it was too large for me at first. Glad I revisited the measurements.

hillcpa

Great looking jacket! I think the size, including sleeve length, is perfect. I always wonder at this "slim-fit" obsession we sometimes have. Most period pictures I have seen show jackets with a little room, especially around the waist.

CBI

wow really surprised to check in and see that my post received 235 views here but over 1,800 on the Fedora Lounge.

that's a pretty big difference.

Not a great thread by me for sure, just one pic but I guess its pretty sleepy here these days.

Persimmon

CBI said:
wow really surprised to check in and see that my post received 235 views here but over 1,800 on the Fedora Lounge.

that's a pretty big difference.

Not a great thread by me for sure, just one pic but I guess its pretty sleepy here these days.

Perhaps John over at the Hat Place they wanted to see and check out that picture and compare it to their beloved Aero's

ButteMT61

It's great jacket. I think there's a few things at play here (and there). Don't take is as a blowoff of the jacket - politics, personal feelings, and a general waining of interest in the WWII jackets lately seem to conspire.

More pics always get more attention, so don't sweat it. I used to get all worried that people didn't like my gear, now I just get it for me - and if the "boss" likes it, I'm good :lol:

CBI

no, no worries, just an observation. The readership over at FL is much higher/more members - I know!!!!!