Diamond Clothing Co 18775P with CBI patches

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Skip, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Skip

Skip Member

Here before you is a Diamond Dave special size 40 slightly modified, combat clone, with patches from A2jacketpatches.

Dave the jacket fits spot on thank you. IMO the overall finish is excellent and it immediately starts to wear. The hide is Diamonds new Horse and is quite lighter from other horse jackets I have. The previous example of the same jacket that I sold (just a little too small), was horse as well but slightly heavier, and more a darker rusty red brown. This current dark seal is a bit lighter and seems to have a purple tinge to it which I'm not too keen on, its not out there noticeable, but for anyone with a keen nuance to colour will notice it. After some more 'combat clone' treatment that tinge wears away to a more natural red brown colour. Its not to evident in the photos below unless you really look for it in the darker shadowy areas. But as I said I've 'worked' at it a bit to lesson the purple. I imagine after a little more treatment and more wear it will totally disappear to reveal the lovely warm browns underneath.

Patches were made by Sean Collins (A2jacketpatches) - no longer a member here, and sewn on by Dave. Sean put in an extra amount of detail on the 459th patch and chit compared to the previous jacket I had, along with some added weathering.

Think the pics will explain it better...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. daw

daw Member

Beautiful jacket. Congrats.

Dennis

3. Garylafortuna

Garylafortuna Member

Congratulations Skip on your new jacket from the Diamond. Another great piece coming out of Dave's leather garage. You wear it well sir. A couple of months ago I took delivery of an A-2 from Dave made from the same horse hide in a lighter russet shade, and which also sports CBI insignia by Sean. Couldn't be happier with it. That blood chit is extraordinary. I've never seen one quite like it. Don't recognize the script. Man, I dig patched up A-2s.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  4. Skip

Skip Member

Thanks.

Its a Burma Chit, the language of course Burmese or a dialect thereof of the period. There were many different tribal regions within Burma, so I'm assuming the language chosen was for a more common dialect. Its similar in a way to Thai.

I think these chits were pretty rare, and by '44 when most of the action was happening in the region most of the chits were worn inside the jacket and made of clothe. I have seen at least one original combination leather and painted version that was in pretty poor state and you could hardly see the writing. Let alone the detail was quite crude in the union jack and peacock. There is a photo of one in the book Last Hope: The Blood Chit Story by R.E. Baldwin.

5. Skip

Skip Member

Here's a bit of fun. It's not a P-38 as flown by the 459th but a P-40 I shot while back at Temora...

[​IMG]

ButteMT61 and Marv like this.
  6. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

super jacket and great patches -enjoy!!!!!

7. Rutger

Rutger Active Member