• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deutsched out Ike, zipper, patch, ribbons

a2jacketpatches

There was talk about customized jackets recently where Foster and I mentioned zippers in Ike jackets, think it was the mis-ID'd B-9 Parka. Anyway, found a perfect example this morning with overseas cap and tie for 25 bucks. Great European Command velvet, bullion, and embroidered patch on it along with embroidered ribbons.

ausreenactor

I think the ribbon bar would be the $25 on its own in my opinion, with the SSI worth up to double that. Great get!

foster

It is WWII pattern, the 1950's ones didn't have a buttoned cuff (just straight sleeve like the earlier 4-pocket tunics).

Cool find!

ausreenactor

foster said:
It is WWII pattern, the 1950's ones didn't have a buttoned cuff (just straight sleeve like the earlier 4-pocket tunics).

Cool find!

WWII pattern have waist cinch buckles. Unless they are well hidden in the pics..

ausreenactor

You can see a bit of an outline where it looks like they have been removed... Two piece back and the cuffs say it all.. Good get for the price..

watchmanjimg

Excellent example of either an M1944 or MQ-1 Ike worn in postwar Germany. The National Defense Service Medal (not created until April 1953) and the embroidered OD-on-blue chevrons suggest mid-1950s to me. Typically these are labeled in the inner pocket. Anything there?

Members online

Latest posts