• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

desert CWU repro

Rutger

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/boom ... 5cwu-36pt/

Seeing this was weird, since the original can be bought on ebay for about the same money, admittedly considerably rarer than the green CWU.
So there's a niche market for it and I suppose it will be a profitable one, because I guess production costs to be no more than half of the selling price, most likely much less.

I think that both in Europe and the US it would be forbidden labelling the jacket being made of fire resistant material, if one realizes that the copy is made of 100% polyamide.

Houston is the repro, the original is made by Ashland, I've never seen any other make than that.
Google ashland cwu and quick comparison shows quite a few deviations from the original, notably the pen pocket.

On second thought it's not weird, knowing that the green CWU has also been copied in nylon; seeing it for sale a lot, there's a market for that one too.