• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deliberate deception or a genuine mistake?

Andrew

At $1750 I think it's safe to say the dumb dumbs that were outbidding each other have no idea just what it is. Imagine the face when someone eventually tells the poor bugger who won it. What a crook.

a2jacketpatches

It would be great to record all of these questionable jackets, but who has the time? A collaborative effort between all of us would be the best approach but would still require a lot of work. In the end it would probably cause some problems as mistakes could be made and opinions could screw up some potentially honest sales. Guess learning the hard way is the best way, I know from experience.

Spitfireace

I ran across this jacket being touted as an original WW2, but immediately I was skeptical because of the throat snap instead of clasp, then I noticed the apparent hand warmer pockets. I sent the seller a message saying it's a reproduction from the last twenty or thirty years and that originals don't have hand warmer pockets. Don't know if he just doesn't know or if he is trying to deceive.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/323199998167?ViewItem=&item=323199998167

Smithy

Ah yes, utter bullshit. Either a very poorly informed seller who knows 5/8s of bugger all about flying jackets or one of those trying to hook one of those ample eBay buyers of the "there's one born every minute" crowd. Either way it's not worth anywhere near what Mr Seller has it marked for sale for.

Charlatan or wally, take your pick.

Spitfireace

Revisited this listing and I see the seller has corrected it to read reproduction and is starting bidding at $200 instead of a thousand. So I guess he just doesn't know much about flight jackets.