• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deliberate deception or a genuine mistake?

Steve27752

looks like an ELC in a 40L to me. I will give the seller the benefit of the doubt and say a mistake.

unclegrumpy

SteveM422a said:
looks like an ELC in a 40L to me. I will give the seller the benefit of the doubt and say a mistake.
I concur on the jacket's English heritage. However, you may quickly think otherwise regarding his intentions if you look at the Luftwaffe jackets he is selling.

Roughwear

Having looked at the other items he is selling it is clear he knows what he is doing and is aware the jacket is a repro. :roll:
Sadly the no way these days to report such a seller to Ebay.

ButteMT61

I wonder how many high-end hobbyists patrol eBay and report fakes? I'm sure glad that people do. I've done so as well, and I would be happy know that I am in some way helping someone not get ripped off.
I think it's good karma for sure. Well done. :ugeek:

foster

40L is not an original size for an A2. Interesting how the lining is missing in places, including the label.
Deliberate deception, it appears. :x

Peter Graham

I don't think anyone considering paying several thousand dollars for a jacket would be taken in by this for a second. The bidding is not exactly hot at the minute.

Silver Surfer

it gets better. a gentleman and friend that i do business with in japan, sent an email to me to inform me that this seller did not ship paid for goods to my friend, and most of his kit is bs, this seller has not answered any messages, emails, etc. from my friend, as well. apparently, word has spread through the japanese wwll collecting community that the seller is a fraud,, and has no honor. this is pretty strong stuff coming from the normally reserved japanese collectors.

Roughwear

This is damning indeed Victor. I notice the auction is still on Ebay! How long will it take Ebay to investigate his deception?

Peter Graham

There's one born every minute. I cannot believe that people bid large amounts of money before doing basic research. Sorry, I know it sound callous but whoever wins it, deserves it.