Deck Jacket BOB DONG

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by Thomas Koehle, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

My name is Thomas and i`m addicted to deck jackets ...

Got 2 new repop deck jackets outta china - this time off the manufacturer "BOB DONG" and want to share my experiences:

I got one in both the khaki as well as in the nevy blue/darkgrey version

they have versions with just the stencil on the chest or with both chest and back stenciled (USN on chest / US NAVY on back)

fabric is pretty heavy and looks realistic compared with the material of some NOS USN coveralls I have in my collection

the colour of the darkblue version is very near to the colour of the bibs

size is both 44

clasps close tight - the grey alpaca liner is a bit itchy but fine so far

1st pic shows the khaki / OD version compared to a Bronson N1 outta my collection

[​IMG]

Bronson was washed once before

both the bluegrey and khaki version

[​IMG]

those jackets are really heavy - will provide more info about the weight as soon as I'm back home

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

on the last 2 pics you might get an idea about the material - pockets are double layered and should carry a lot of weight

all in all i`m really satisfied with the jackets - although I do not know wether this particular N1 version (hooks with the outer pockets) ever existed

downthing is: I tossed the khaki jacket in the washer with 30 degree C - took the program for "delicate" garment and when she came out she showed light crincles in the surface - will drop some pics "after washing" asap - up to now ALL repop N1 in my collection mastered the washer - the Bob Dong jacket is the first one which "failed"

Steve27752 and Cobblers161 like this.
  2. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

Nice looking collection. What's the cost of a repro compared to an original these days?

3. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! gotta love USN jackets.
    Dave

4. Gabe Treadway

Gabe Treadway New Member

Hi i'm wanting to buy a Bronson N1 deck jacket and the only thing I'm hung up on is the sizing. I wear a 38 in buzz rickson model and was wondering if Bronson measured the same? thank you